    Montevideo - URUGUAY
    ----------------------

    Sebastián_UY, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Sebastián_UY

    ajay Guest

    YOu can use the package name and oraclereader to get the results.

    ajay, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Hey ajay, thanx for your quick answer.
    Could you please point me at some example. I'm not familiar with packages.
    What I've done so far is dragging tables to the datasets, I tryied to drag a
    package but it was not possible.
    Could you please help me aout here???

    TIA

    --

    > > Hi group!
    > > Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >

    > > --
    > > Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
    > >
    > > Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
    > > Montevideo - URUGUAY

    > > ----------------------
    > > Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.

    rights.

    Sebastián_UY, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Sebastián_UY

    ajay Guest

    Sebastian
    Sorry for being late:
    You can try it using a class where you can have a function like the
    following:
    Public Shared Function getAccountNbrs(ByVal a_acct_seq As Long, ByVal
    a_objDB As Data.DbObject) As OracleDataReader
    Dim objNull As Object = System.DBNull.Value
    Dim param(1) As OracleParameter
    Dim orareader As OracleDataReader
    param(0) = New OracleParameter("a_reccur",
    OracleType.Cursor, 2000, ParameterDirection.Output, True, 0, 0, "",
    DataRowVersion.Default, objNull)
    param(1) = New OracleParameter("a_acct_seq",
    OracleType.Number, 22, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "",
    DataRowVersion.Default, a_acct_seq)
    orareader =
    a_objDB.ExecProcedure("Pkg_Bill_Ui.p_get_account_seq", param)
    Return orareader

    End Function
    Here package name is Pkg_Bill_Ui and we are calling a procedure within
    it and which is p_get_account_seq. This has an input of type Cursor,
    which is a_reccur.
    use command.ExecuteNonQuery() for executing procedure for executing
    the package stuff and get the result like this;
    result = CInt(command.Parameters("ReturnValue").Value)
    HTH

    ajay, Nov 7, 2003