ORACLE

Sebastián_UY

Hi group!
Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?

TIA

Sebastián_UY

Hey ajay, thanx for your quick answer.
Could you please point me at some example. I'm not familiar with packages.
What I've done so far is dragging tables to the datasets, I tryied to drag a
package but it was not possible.
Could you please help me aout here???

TIA

--
Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
(e-mail address removed)
ajay said:
YOu can use the package name and oraclereader to get the results.
"Sebastián_UY" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Hi group!
Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?

TIA

--
Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
(e-mail address removed)
Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
Montevideo - URUGUAY
-- rights.
----------------------

ajay

Sebastian
Sorry for being late:
You can try it using a class where you can have a function like the
following:
Public Shared Function getAccountNbrs(ByVal a_acct_seq As Long, ByVal
a_objDB As Data.DbObject) As OracleDataReader
Dim objNull As Object = System.DBNull.Value
Dim param(1) As OracleParameter
Dim orareader As OracleDataReader
param(0) = New OracleParameter("a_reccur",
OracleType.Cursor, 2000, ParameterDirection.Output, True, 0, 0, "",
DataRowVersion.Default, objNull)
param(1) = New OracleParameter("a_acct_seq",
OracleType.Number, 22, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "",
DataRowVersion.Default, a_acct_seq)
orareader =
a_objDB.ExecProcedure("Pkg_Bill_Ui.p_get_account_seq", param)
Return orareader

End Function
Here package name is Pkg_Bill_Ui and we are calling a procedure within
it and which is p_get_account_seq. This has an input of type Cursor,
which is a_reccur.
use command.ExecuteNonQuery() for executing procedure for executing
the package stuff and get the result like this;
result = CInt(command.Parameters("ReturnValue").Value)
HTH