    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand
    For the times they are a-changin'.
    Roedy Green, Nov 22, 2008

  2. Roedy Green

    Eric Sosman Guest

    [OT] Re: Oral Roberts Kult Kamp scandal

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27784832/
    >
    > Oral Roberts "university" a cult brainwashing camp, laid of 100
    > employees after paying out half a million to scandal clad president in
    > separation agreement.

    The contemporary education system has utterly failed. To
    think that there are college graduates walking around who can't
    tell the difference between "comp.lang.java.programmer" and
    "alt.axes.to.grind" -- appalling! I'm shocked, shocked.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid
    Eric Sosman, Nov 22, 2008

  3. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: Oral Roberts Kult Kamp scandal

    Eric Sosman wrote:
    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27784832/
    >>
    >> Oral Roberts "university" a cult brainwashing camp, laid of 100
    >> employees after paying out half a million to scandal clad president in
    >> separation agreement.

    > The contemporary education system has utterly failed. To
    > think that there are college graduates walking around who can't
    > tell the difference between "comp.lang.java.programmer" and
    > "alt.axes.to.grind" -- appalling! I'm shocked, shocked.

    Roedy hit the wrong group again.

    I assume it was an accident.

    But bigger font or better glasses seems as a good idea.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 22, 2008
  4. Roedy Green

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    >> Oral Roberts "university" a cult brainwashing camp, laid of 100
    >> employees after paying out half a million to scandal clad president in
    >> separation agreement.

    Did you say "scantily clad president"?

    Eric Sosman wrote:
    > The contemporary education system has utterly failed. To
    > think that there are college graduates walking around who can't
    > tell the difference between "comp.lang.java.programmer" and
    > "alt.axes.to.grind" -- appalling! I'm shocked, shocked.

    The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars but in ourselves.

    I am ignorant of the particular scandal, scantily clad or otherwise, to which
    the OP alludes, but hardly surprised that the administration of that "cult
    brainwashing camp" should be involved in such, nor at allegations of
    consequent malfeasance.

    Allegations of topical irrelevance notwithstanding.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Nov 22, 2008
  5. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: Oral Roberts Kult Kamp scandal

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 15:30:18 -0500, Eric Sosman
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    > The contemporary education system has utterly failed. To
    >think that there are college graduates walking around who can't
    >tell the difference between "comp.lang.java.programmer" and
    >"alt.axes.to.grind" -- appalling! I'm shocked, shocked.

    the actual reason is combination of three factors:

    1. deteriorating eyesight. I am going soon to see if the cataracts
    have deteriorated sufficiently for surgery,

    2. microscopic type that Agent uses for the newsgroup line, not
    configurable. (I have asked).

    3. posting so many message that a few go astray.

    I have withdrawn the original.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Nov 24, 2008

  1. Leonardo Maranh?o
    Paul Boddie
    Mar 8, 2005
  3. Ted

    C++ Scandal?!

    Ted, Mar 24, 2006, in forum: C++
    peter koch
    Mar 30, 2006
  4. Ministries In Faith

    From: Craig Oral Somerford <> Date: Thu,

    Ministries In Faith, Sep 24, 2009, in forum: Java