order of usercontrols processed by events of page

Gokhan Akca

I have a page containing multiple user controls.
When Page_OnPreRender is called, the user controls' OnPreRender Method is
called, too.

But: How is the order of the usercontrols processed by asp.net? Note that I
have multiple user controls - not just one.
Assumption: the framework is accessing the page's controls list.

If the assumption is correct:
How can I affect the order of user controls stored in the page's controls
list?

Does the tag prefix registration within a page affect the order of the
controls in the control's list?
Or does the page parse the controls which it contains and adds them one by
one in order of occurence within the HTML tags?

Please note:
I am not interested in simple page lifecycle. I am already familiar with
page lifecycle. I need some information on how I can affect the order of web
user controls within a page processed by asp.net events.

Thanks.

Brock Allen

How can I affect the order of user controls stored in the page's
controls list?

The order they're in the list is the ordered they're rendered on the page.
Changing this order will affect the layout of your page (unless you're using
absolute positioning).
I need some information on how I can affect the order
of web user controls within a page processed by asp.net events.

If there's something critical you need to do on the controls in a particular
order, I'd suggest writing code at the page level that finds all of your
custom controls in the controls collection and then calls to them in whatever
order you're looking for.