ordered list (OL) tag with tables

Arvind Ganesan

I am trying to have the first column of each row in my html table
automatically numbered. But it is not working....my code looks like this:

<ol>
<li></li>
row 1 column 2
</ol>

I anticipated that the code <li></li> will create a "1." and that I could
use the same procedure for each of my rows and have my rows automatically
numbered...but this isn't working. I just see a circular bullet symbol
where I am expecting the "1.". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Arvind.

Leif K-Brooks

Arvind said:
I am trying to have the first column of each row in my html table
automatically numbered. But it is not working....my code looks like this:
[snip bad HTML]
I anticipated that the code <li></li> will create a "1." and that I could
use the same procedure for each of my rows and have my rows automatically
numbered...but this isn't working. I just see a circular bullet symbol
where I am expecting the "1.". What am I doing wrong?

You're inventing markup and expecting it to work. Use CSS autonumbering
instead.

Nico Schuyt

What is the resolution on it?

Probably worse than my new 19" LCD. On the other hand, the viewing angle is
360 degrees!
It worries me however: this time she saw me writing. Who knows what she sees
more.
Cheers, Nico

Adrienne

Probably worse than my new 19" LCD. On the other hand, the viewing
angle is 360 degrees!
It worries me however: this time she saw me writing. Who knows what she
sees more.
Cheers, Nico

Everything! And I'm gonna tell! ;-)

Nico Schuyt

Everything! And I'm gonna tell! ;-)

Ah well, write a book about it. 50% of the profits for me.
But I'm sure you're not aware of the bug in the older versions of crystal
ball's: We all can see you too :) (Wow)
Cheers, Nico

Adrienne

Ah well, write a book about it. 50% of the profits for me.
But I'm sure you're not aware of the bug in the older versions of crystal
ball's: We all can see you too :) (Wow)
Cheers, Nico

No, I'm using the newest .NET version of Crystal Ball 10.XX1 . It doesn't
support position:fixed so I have to stand directly over it, on one foot
only, and scratch my belly in a counter clockwise direction to see
anything. The instruction manual says that for you to see me, you have to
do a hand stand with only one hand, and one eye closed.

Nico Schuyt

Adrienne said:
No, I'm using the newest .NET version of Crystal Ball 10.XX1 . It
doesn't support position:fixed so I have to stand directly over it,
on one foot only, and scratch my belly in a counter clockwise
direction to see anything. The instruction manual says that for you
to see me, you have to do a hand stand with only one hand, and one
eye closed.

It works! (for a short time; I'm affraid I have to recover a few weeks from
that exercise (neck injury)