    info about it? If not, should their be? If Yes, in what form?

    Regards,
    Jamal

    Jamal Mazrui, Aug 15, 2006

  2. On Tuesday 15 August 2006 20:04, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
    > I'm aware of the Perl Foundation and the Python Software Foundation:
    > nonprofit corporations intended to further the interests of those
    > languages, e.g., coordinating development, promotion, fundraising,
    > teaching, or legal activities as needed. Do you have opinions as to the
    > success of these organizations at achieving their intended purposes? Is
    > there an equivalent organization for Ruby? If so, where is specific
    > info about it? If not, should their be? If Yes, in what form?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamal

    Ruby Central is the organisation you're looking for.
    http://www.rubycentral.org/index.rb?dest=about

    Ruby Central, Inc., is
    a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, dedicated to Ruby support and advocacy;
    the parent organization of the annual International Ruby Conference;
    a visible presence and point of contact for corporate sponsors interested in
    supporting the Conference and other Ruby activities.

    Alex

    A. S. Bradbury, Aug 15, 2006