    like it and just want to pass it... I have to write simple program- an
    organizer. I have idea, but don't know how to start with it. Can
    somebody help me?

    fudien, May 13, 2005

  2. fudien wrote:
    > sorry about that post, i know that most programmers don't like that
    > kind of asks..

    Like in any other profession, programmers do not want to work with
    people who don't know their job, because it is us who have to clean up
    the mess behind such "colleagues" and work twice or three times as hard.

    > Im studying IT and have java programming, but I don't
    > like it and just want to pass it...

    Oh, and you plan to do the same in your first job? Whenever something
    comes up which you don't like, you just dump it onto some of your
    colleagues? Sorry mate, this is not how things work. You better now
    learn to do things which you don't like, because a professional career
    is full of having to do such things.

    Do it by your self, or consider a career change.

    > I have to write simple program- an
    > organizer. I have idea, but don't know how to start with it. Can
    > somebody help me?

    http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, May 13, 2005

  3. fudien

    Malte Guest

    fudien wrote:
    > sorry about that post, i know that most programmers don't like that
    > kind of asks.. Im studying IT and have java programming, but I don't
    > like it and just want to pass it... I have to write simple program- an
    > organizer. I have idea, but don't know how to start with it. Can
    > somebody help me?

    You're quite right, we don't like it. Why are you studying programming
    if you don't like it? Not that that's any business of mine. Nor is it my
    business to pass YOUR exam.

    Malte, May 13, 2005
  4. fudien

    Ross Bamford Guest

    On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 10:27 +0200, Malte wrote:
    > fudien wrote:
    > > sorry about that post, i know that most programmers don't like that
    > > kind of asks.. Im studying IT and have java programming, but I don't
    > > like it and just want to pass it... I have to write simple program- an
    > > organizer. I have idea, but don't know how to start with it. Can
    > > somebody help me?

    > You're quite right, we don't like it. Why are you studying programming
    > if you don't like it? Not that that's any business of mine. Nor is it my
    > business to pass YOUR exam.

    As an aside, here in the UK I notice that many colleges and even
    universities now include 'basic programming' in their key skill IT
    courses. In my mind this is a ridiculous notion, and can only result in
    this kind of thing...

    Kind of like having someone strip a car down to it's component parts and
    rebuild it as a plane as part of their driving test... ?

    Ross

    --
    [Ross A. Bamford] [ross AT the.website.domain]
    Roscopeco Open Tech ++ Open Source + Java + Apache + CMF

    Ross Bamford, May 14, 2005