Organizing My Ruby Code - Do I use modules...

sketchitup

I need a little help determining the best way to organize my Ruby
code. I've got a script I'm writing. Lets call it somecoolscript.rb. I
have also created three (3) utility classes that I need to use in
somecoolscript.rb. How do I "import" those classes into
somecoolscript.rb so they are available. Do I need to put the three
(3) utility classes in a module and then require this module in
somecoolscript? Do I need to put my modules on some type of class path
so the Ruby interpreter can find them when it executes
somecoolscript.rb?

Thanks,

The SketchUp Artist

Trans

Read pickaxe about require/load.

having said that...

require 'yoursupportlib'

where 'yoursupportlib' is located in Ruby's $LOAD_PATH.

you can setup you lib according to setup.rb (look it up) and run i to
copy your files into the right places.

brief, but HTH.
T.

Robert Klemme

2007/7/27 said:
Read pickaxe about require/load.

having said that...

require 'yoursupportlib'

where 'yoursupportlib' is located in Ruby's $LOAD_PATH.

The current directory works as well.

Kind regards

robert