Organizing WebSite with Large number of User controls(ASCX)

partysingh

Hi All,

We have a web site with large number(more than 1000) of web controls
(ASCX). They are basically acting as the pages and calling from one
container page.

These web conrols are inherited from a common class declared in
app_code folder. It also uses some other functionality provided
through classes in app_code folder.

We would like to reorganize these user controls to a sperate assembly
so that the initial compilation time can be reduced.

Please provide some pointers for doing the same. What all the
precautions I need to take for doing it.

Thanks,

Gregory A. Beamer

We would like to reorganize these user controls to a sperate assembly
so that the initial compilation time can be reduced.

Please provide some pointers for doing the same. What all the
precautions I need to take for doing it.

This is probably the best you are going to find to help with this:

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld