ORIGINAL CODE GETS EXECUTED NOT THE NEW CODE - ASCX

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sk, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. sk

    sk Guest

    hello , this is sk, new to this group

    problem>>>>
    i have a .ascx file
    any changes done to this file do not get mapped
    it does not throw any errors
    but the compiler executes the code that was originally present

    i got to know this since i tried to remove all the procedures in the
    file
    kept only the blank form_load

    still it executed the logic
    WHICH WAS BASICALLY NOT PRESENT AT ALL
    i had removed all the procedures to add to the database
    still it was inserting in the database

    when i try to debug and the new logic is present it doesnot follow the
    logical flow
    it seems to have a flow of its own
    i think the original file is present but invisible
    the changes made by me are just visible but not executable
    IS THIS SOMETHING TO DO WITH VSS

    AND IF IT IS SOMETHING REALLY BASIC EVEN THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW

    HELP
    sk, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Is all your logic is a codebehind file? (like ascx.vb or ascx.cs)? If so,
    you need to recompile your code and drop the project's dll in the bin
    directory.

    If not, it'd be helpful to know if you are using Visual Studio or not, and
    which version of .NET you are using..

    Karl

    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/