    have (or know where to get them) these sources?
    PS: I found the Perl implementation, but it doesn't seem to be stable
    and well functioning, since version number is 0.7
    Tobias Blass, Dec 26, 2010

  2. El 26/12/2010 18:16, Tobias Blass escribió:
    > Hi
    > I just read on www.xml.com
    > (http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/03/15/feature/index.html)
    > about 2 programs called xmln and xmlv, which convert an XML file to an
    > easier-parsable PYX file. I googled for it but I didn't find any source
    > code ( probably because the article is from 2000 ). On sourceforge there
    > is only an C++ library called pyxie in planning stadium. Does anyone
    > have (or know where to get them) these sources?

    I have both (xmln.c, xmlv.c). Forgot where they were downloaded from (in
    2005). Probably from the 'pyxie' site:

    "The Pyxie Project
    http://www.pyxie.org"

    I'm sending them to you by private mail. Hope your given e-mail is valid.
    --
    Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado
    Manuel Collado, Dec 26, 2010

  3. Tobias Blass

    Tobias Blass Guest

    my address is actually valid, but nothing arrived. Could you please
    resend it? ( my address is , check you had the right
    one).
    Tobias Blass, Dec 26, 2010
  4. Tobias Blass

    Peter Flynn Guest

    On 26/12/10 17:16, Tobias Blass wrote:
    > Hi
    > I just read on www.xml.com
    > (http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/03/15/feature/index.html)
    > about 2 programs called xmln and xmlv, which convert an XML file to an
    > easier-parsable PYX file. I googled for it but I didn't find any source
    > code ( probably because the article is from 2000 ). On sourceforge there
    > is only an C++ library called pyxie in planning stadium. Does anyone
    > have (or know where to get them) these sources?
    > PS: I found the Perl implementation, but it doesn't seem to be stable
    > and well functioning, since version number is 0.7

    PYX is just a modified version of ESIS. See
    http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/doc/UG/ch04s07.html

    You can generate original ESIS with the onsgmls parser (part of the
    OpenSP package), eg

    $ onsgmls -wxml /usr/local/lib/sgml/xml.dec myfile.xml

    There have been quite a few applications built on this kind of stream
    parse, as ESIS can be handled very simply with the standard text tools
    as well as scripting languages.

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/