    I will basically be obtaining xml files from the internet and
    converting it and sending it to the database. I will likely be using
    MySQL, however PostgreSQL is still a possibility.

    flebber, Aug 14, 2009

  2. I can't say too much about python, as I haven't done anything serious
    in it in about 5 years. A couple of other ORMs to look into are
    DataMapper and ActiveRecord.

    Both ORMs that I suggested have MySQL and PostgreSQL support.
    ActiveRecord is a bit heavier than DM, but has more bells and
    whistles.

    Jason Stewart, Aug 14, 2009

    I can only recommend DataMapper. I personally prefer it over ActiveRecord --
    it just
    matches my styles more than the other... But that's a matter of taste, I
    guess.

    Greetz!

    Fabian Streitel, Aug 14, 2009
  4. flebber

    flebber Guest

    On Aug 15, 2:13 am, Fabian Streitel <>
    wrote:
    > [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
    >
    > I can only recommend DataMapper. I personally prefer it over ActiveRecord--
    > it just
    > matches my styles more than the other... But that's a matter of taste, I
    > guess.
    >
    > Greetz!
    >
    > I can't say too much about python, as I haven't done anything serious
    >
    > > in it in about 5 years. A couple of other ORMs to look into are
    > > DataMapper and ActiveRecord.

    > > Both ORMs that I suggested have MySQL and PostgreSQL support.
    > > ActiveRecord is a bit heavier than DM, but has more bells and
    > > whistles.

    Cool Datamapper will have too look into it. Since the developer of
    Sequel left Activerecord for Sequel that seems too me to rule out
    Activerecord.

    flebber, Aug 14, 2009