ORM - Ruby Sequel v Python Sql Alchemy

flebber

Hi

I am starting into databases and trying to find my best options for
database management, database version etc.

Has anyone had experience in Ruby's Sequel ORM or Python's SQLalchemy
ORM. In terms of features and maturity is one a better option than the
other eg features, maturity, data integrity or options I may not know
about. Or is it merely very equal and I should just choose the
language I prefer.

Does Ruby offer another alternative I have found?

I will basically be obtaining xml files from the internet and
converting it and sending it to the database. I will likely be using
MySQL, however PostgreSQL is still a possibility.

Jason Stewart

I can't say too much about python, as I haven't done anything serious
in it in about 5 years. A couple of other ORMs to look into are
DataMapper and ActiveRecord.

Both ORMs that I suggested have MySQL and PostgreSQL support.
ActiveRecord is a bit heavier than DM, but has more bells and
whistles.

Fabian Streitel

I can only recommend DataMapper. I personally prefer it over ActiveRecord --
it just
matches my styles more than the other... But that's a matter of taste, I
guess.

Greetz!

I can't say too much about python, as I haven't done anything serious

flebber

[Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

I can only recommend DataMapper. I personally prefer it over ActiveRecord--
it just
matches my styles more than the other... But that's a matter of taste, I
guess.

Greetz!

I can't say too much about python, as I haven't done anything serious
in it in about 5 years. A couple of other ORMs to look into are
DataMapper and ActiveRecord.
Both ORMs that I suggested have MySQL and PostgreSQL support.
ActiveRecord is a bit heavier than DM, but has more bells and
whistles.

Cool Datamapper will have too look into it. Since the developer of
Sequel left Activerecord for Sequel that seems too me to rule out
Activerecord.