orphan iframe problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Wayne..., Mar 23, 2005.

  1. Wayne...

    Wayne... Guest

    I've been trying to sove teh problem of my pages that come up in search
    engines coming up without the frameset. Luckily enough I found an extension
    for dreamweaver that automates the ?page.htm thing

    no matter how I try I can't get it to load itself into the frameset. If I
    try either of the examples below I get the main contentpage.

    www.dashdotslash.net/?blog.php

    or

    www.dashdotslash.net/?blog.php~main

    anyone got any ideas why this is happening? the name of the extension is
    ifram Buster and the pages are dymanically gernerated but I can't see how
    thats a pronblem. The ifram in index.htm is set up correctly and named
    etc.... any reason why this shouldn't work? I realise this is a bit of a
    vauge enquiry but I'm at a loss here.

    Wayne...
    Wayne..., Mar 23, 2005

  2. Wayne...

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Wayne... wrote:
    > I've been trying to sove teh problem of my pages that come up in
    > search engines coming up without the frameset.

    Dump the frames. To include the menu on every page is nothing more than a
    snippet of PHP-code like <? include "menu.htm"; ?> .

    --
    Nico
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl
    Nico Schuyt, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Wayne...

    Wayne... Guest

    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in message
    > Wayne... wrote:
    > > I've been trying to sove teh problem of my pages that come up in
    > > search engines coming up without the frameset.

    > Dump the frames. To include the menu on every page is nothing more than a
    > snippet of PHP-code like <? include "menu.htm"; ?> .
    >
    > --
    > Nico
    > http://www.nicoschuyt.nl

    I already know this but the iframe is there for a reason. It also contains
    the content not just the menu. All I need to know is why the stadanrd ways
    of loading the frameset don't work on my page.

    Wayne...
    Wayne..., Mar 24, 2005