    xemacs window.

    Is this doable? Thanks.

    -- Stephen

    Stephen Boulet, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Stephen Boulet

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Stephen Boulet wrote:

    > Can someone who understands the os module better than I offer some insight?
    >
    > I want to open some text in xemacs (on Windows) using os.spawn[*], but I want
    > the text to appear in the current xemacs window, as opposed to opening a new
    > xemacs window.
    >
    > Is this doable? Thanks.

    I doubt this has anything to do with os.spawn, and everything to do with
    xemacs itself. Check the documentation on command line options for that
    program, and just pass the right stuff to it through os.spawn.

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Stephen Boulet wrote:
    > I want to open some text in xemacs (on Windows) using os.spawn[*], but I
    > want the text to appear in the current xemacs window, as opposed to
    > opening a new xemacs window.

    If you can do it from the command line, you can do it from Python. Use
    gnuserv and gnuclient (maybe gnuclientw in windows). See the xemacs docs
    for more accurate information--I haven't used xemacs on windows.

    Antti Kaihola, Jul 21, 2003