os.spawn* on Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Antoine, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. Antoine

    Antoine Guest

    Hello list

    I am using Python 2.4 to invoke other programs on Windows XP, using
    syntax like this:

    os.spawnv(P_WAIT, "C:\\my.exe", ("C:\\my.exe",))

    where my.exe is a console-mode program.

    When the above statement is executed, the my.exe program creates a
    window, what used to be called a Dos prompt but is no doubt called
    something else now, and steals the keyboard input focus. This proves to
    be highly annoying (because the window pops up unexpectedly in front of
    my other windows and often steals several characters of what I am
    typing).

    I would rather the 'Dos prompt' was created minimised and did not steal
    the input focus. Is there any way to achieve this end by using a
    different Python command to invoke my.exe? Or would I have to change
    my.exe itself?

    Cheers
    A.

    Antoine, Jun 14, 2006