    How can I migrate back to my python program after I kill the display
    program?

    Thanks a lot
    questions?, Apr 27, 2006

  2. "questions?" <> wrote:

    > I use os.system to call a display program, e.g.
    >
    > os.system(displayblah blah) to call display. the program starts and
    > display things I wanted. When I kill display, somehow the python
    > program don't understand I want to move on, keep calling
    > os.system(displayblah blah) again and again.
    > I have to kill terminal to quit them all.
    >
    > How can I migrate back to my python program after I kill the display
    > program?

    Python doesn't run os.system() over and over again by itself, so
    there's probably something wrong with your code.

    how about posting the relevant code, so we don't have to guess ?

    (if you have some time to spare, reading

    won't hurt either)

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Apr 27, 2006

  3. questions?

    questions? Guest

    Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    > "questions?" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I use os.system to call a display program, e.g.
    > >
    > > os.system(displayblah blah) to call display. the program starts and
    > > display things I wanted. When I kill display, somehow the python
    > > program don't understand I want to move on, keep calling
    > > os.system(displayblah blah) again and again.
    > > I have to kill terminal to quit them all.
    > >
    > > How can I migrate back to my python program after I kill the display
    > > program?

    > Python doesn't run os.system() over and over again by itself, so
    > there's probably something wrong with your code.
    >
    > how about posting the relevant code, so we don't have to guess ?
    >
    > (if you have some time to spare, reading

    > won't hurt either)
    >
    > </F>

    you are exactly right.
    I did a while loop and forgot to update the condition.

    Thanks for the suggestions!
    questions?, Apr 27, 2006