OS X 10.3.9 (or < 10.4) BufferedImage problem

psye

I'm setting RGB int values on locations in a BufferedImage. It works
fine on all platforms except 10.3.9 or any OS X version 3. After
I've created the image once, when I go to change it, it seems to turn
all black. I have no idea what's going on. I've seen other posts
about JVM rendering problems with OS X.

Has anyone else had this? Anyone know a work around / fix? I have a
program being launched Tuesday of next week in a computer lab at Emory
University, and they just happen to have OS X 10.3.9 on all of their
machines.

thanks,
John

Daniel Pitts

I'm setting RGB int values on locations in a BufferedImage. It works
fine on all platforms except 10.3.9 or any OS X version 3. After
I've created the image once, when I go to change it, it seems to turn
all black. I have no idea what's going on. I've seen other posts
about JVM rendering problems with OS X.

Has anyone else had this? Anyone know a work around / fix? I have a
program being launched Tuesday of next week in a computer lab at Emory
University, and they just happen to have OS X 10.3.9 on all of their
machines.

thanks,
John

Only thing I can think of is that you might be using a VolatileImage?

Without having an sscce* to experiment with, its very hard to diagnose
your troubles.

Hmm, A university without Linux? Thats very sad :-( j/k

Hope you can get help before Tuesday :)

* <http://physci.org/codes/sscce>

Steve W. Jackson

"Daniel Pitts said:
Only thing I can think of is that you might be using a VolatileImage?

Without having an sscce* to experiment with, its very hard to diagnose
your troubles.

Hmm, A university without Linux? Thats very sad :-( j/k

Hope you can get help before Tuesday :)

* <http://physci.org/codes/sscce>

Maybe it would be worthwhile to explain what Linux has to do with the
OP's question...

And of course, the OP should not only provide the SSCCE, but it would
also be helpful to indicate the Java version in question. Simply
distinguishing between OS X 10.3.x and 10.4.x isn't sufficient. The
fact is that 10.3.x cannot get Java 1.5, and 10.4.x doesn't include Java
1.5 by default. But whatever version is running on the 10.3.9 machines
will in fact be available for testing and debugging on a newer machine.