    thanks,
    John

    , Feb 24, 2007

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Feb 24, 9:22 am, wrote:
    > I'm setting RGB int values on locations in a BufferedImage. It works
    > fine on all platforms except 10.3.9 or any OS X version 3. After
    > I've created the image once, when I go to change it, it seems to turn
    > all black. I have no idea what's going on. I've seen other posts
    > about JVM rendering problems with OS X.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this? Anyone know a work around / fix? I have a
    > program being launched Tuesday of next week in a computer lab at Emory
    > University, and they just happen to have OS X 10.3.9 on all of their
    > machines.
    >
    > thanks,
    > John

    Only thing I can think of is that you might be using a VolatileImage?

    Without having an sscce* to experiment with, its very hard to diagnose
    your troubles.

    Hmm, A university without Linux? Thats very sad :-( j/k

    Hope you can get help before Tuesday :)

    * <http://physci.org/codes/sscce>

    Daniel Pitts, Feb 25, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    "Daniel Pitts" <> wrote:

    > On Feb 24, 9:22 am, wrote:
    > > I'm setting RGB int values on locations in a BufferedImage. It works
    > > fine on all platforms except 10.3.9 or any OS X version 3. After
    > > I've created the image once, when I go to change it, it seems to turn
    > > all black. I have no idea what's going on. I've seen other posts
    > > about JVM rendering problems with OS X.
    > >
    > > Has anyone else had this? Anyone know a work around / fix? I have a
    > > program being launched Tuesday of next week in a computer lab at Emory
    > > University, and they just happen to have OS X 10.3.9 on all of their
    > > machines.
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > > John

    > Only thing I can think of is that you might be using a VolatileImage?
    >
    > Without having an sscce* to experiment with, its very hard to diagnose
    > your troubles.
    >
    > Hmm, A university without Linux? Thats very sad :-( j/k
    >
    > Hope you can get help before Tuesday :)
    >
    > * <http://physci.org/codes/sscce>

    Maybe it would be worthwhile to explain what Linux has to do with the
    OP's question...

    And of course, the OP should not only provide the SSCCE, but it would
    also be helpful to indicate the Java version in question. Simply
    distinguishing between OS X 10.3.x and 10.4.x isn't sufficient. The
    fact is that 10.3.x cannot get Java 1.5, and 10.4.x doesn't include Java
    1.5 by default. But whatever version is running on the 10.3.9 machines
    will in fact be available for testing and debugging on a newer machine.
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama

    Steve W. Jackson, Feb 26, 2007