    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.

    Justin C, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Justin C

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Justin C wrote:
    > I'm using OS X (10.4.10), I've installed a few modules system wide with:
    >
    > sudo -H cpan -i Module::Name
    >
    > I'd like to look at the build directory, there are some examples of the
    > module in use. The problem is, I can't find .cpan in /root... there is
    > no /root!
    >
    > Does anyone know where, under OS X, .cpan is? Not a user one, the one
    > that would be under /root on a Linux system.

    CPAN knows where.

    cpan> o conf cpan_home

    J. Gleixner, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Justin C

    Justin C Guest

    On 2007-11-13, J. Gleixner <> wrote:
    > Justin C wrote:
    >> I'm using OS X (10.4.10), I've installed a few modules system wide with:
    >>
    >> sudo -H cpan -i Module::Name
    >>
    >> I'd like to look at the build directory, there are some examples of the
    >> module in use. The problem is, I can't find .cpan in /root... there is
    >> no /root!
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where, under OS X, .cpan is? Not a user one, the one
    >> that would be under /root on a Linux system.

    > CPAN knows where.
    >
    > cpan> o conf cpan_home

    Excellent, thank you. I tried 'man cpan' but that's only for
    command-line stuff, and doesn't cover the cpan shell. Well, now I know,
    and for anyone who's interested: /var/root/.cpan

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.

    Justin C, Nov 14, 2007
  4. Justin C

    brian d foy Guest

    > Excellent, thank you. I tried 'man cpan' but that's only for
    > command-line stuff, and doesn't cover the cpan shell. Well, now I know,
    > and for anyone who's interested: /var/root/.cpan

    If you try

    perldoc CPAN.pm

    you should get the CPAN.pm docs instead of the cpan(1) docs. :)

    brian d foy, Nov 15, 2007