OS X py2app confusion

bex

Im baffled about this one...

Im running OS 10.3, and Python 2.3. I installed py2app 0.17 and never
used it, then installed py2app 0.2. It refuses to work. None of the
samples will build. Observe:

$ pwd
/Developer/Python/py2app/Examples/pygame
$ python setup.py py2app
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 8, in ?
import py2app
ImportError: No module named py2app
$

No module??? huh??? Its clearly there in the appropriate place:

$ pwd
/Library/Python/2.3
$ ls
PyObjC README py2app.pth wxPython
PyObjC.pth py2app wx
$ ls py2app
altgraph bdist_mpkg macholib modulegraph py2app
$ ls py2app/py2app/
__init__.py command filters.pyo
__init__.pyc create_appbundle.py install.py
__init__.pyo create_appbundle.pyc install.pyc
apptemplate create_appbundle.pyo install.pyo
bootstrap create_pluginbundle.py recipes
build_app.py create_pluginbundle.pyc scripts
build_app.pyc create_pluginbundle.pyo util.py
build_app.pyo filters.py util.pyc
bundletemplate filters.pyc util.pyo
$ more py2app.pth
py2app
$

I was confused about the packaging, so I tried moving all the folders
in py2app into /Library/Python/2.3/ and deleted the py2app.pth file,
but it still wouldn't load the module.

Any insight into the voodoo magic required to get this working?

rafi

bex said:
Im baffled about this one...
I was confused about the packaging, so I tried moving all the folders
in py2app into /Library/Python/2.3/ and deleted the py2app.pth file,
but it still wouldn't load the module.

that does not sound as a good idea...
Any insight into the voodoo magic required to get this working?

How many pythons do you have on your OS X? I have four different ones:
Python as a Mac OS X install (original and 2.4)
Python as a Fink installation (2.3 and 2.4)

If you have several ones are you sure that the one you are using is the
same as the one used to isntall py2app?

Have you tried to re-install the py2app (even version 0.17)?

my 2 cents