oscillating fibbonacci tournament sort ?

Krick

I was talking to a co-worker today. He used to work in computers way,
way, back in the days when computers had little to no memory,
operating systems hadn't been invented yet, and everything was about
"tape". I'm talking OLD here folks.

He asked me a question about writing code to sort items in an array
and I started explaining to him how most object oriented languages
have libraries with generic sort algorithms and it's rare to hand code
a sorting algorithm anymore.

In the course of the conversation, he mentioned that he remembered
using an "Oscillating Fibbonacci Tournament Sort" on a project that he
worked on back in the day but he had no idea how the sort actually
worked.

So what the heck is an "Oscillating Fibonacci Tournament Sort"?
Has anybody heard of it?

All I can find on the internet are "Tournament Sort" and "Fibonacci
Merge Sort".

Krick