OSCON 2007: Call for Proposals

Kevin Altis

OSCON 2007
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2007/

Save the date for the 9th annual O'Reilly Open Source Convention, happening
July 23-27, 2007 at the Oregon Convention Center in beautiful Portland,
Oregon.

Call For Participation
----------------------

Submit a proposal-fill out the form at:

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2007/create/e_sess

Important Dates:

* The submission deadline for all proposals is February 5, 2007.

* Speakers will be notified by February 26, 2007.
* Final session details and speaker bios due May 20, 2007.
* Tutorial materials are due June 15, 2007.
* Conference: July 23-27, 2007

Proposals
---------

We want to hear about your winning techniques, favorite life-savers,
and the system you've made that everyone will be using next year.
We'll have tracks for sessions and tutorials on Linux, PHP, Perl,
Python, Ruby, Java, Databases, Desktop Applications,
Web Applications (client-side and server-side), Windows,
Administration, Security, and Emerging Topics.

We are considering proposals for 45 minute sessions and 3 hour tutorials.
We rarely accept 90 minute proposals, as most general sessions are 45
minutes in length. Your proposals are examined by a committee which draws
from them and which also solicits proposals to build the program. Proposals
are due by midnight (PST), Feb. 5, 2007. The OSCON Speaker Manager, Vee
McMillen, emails notification of the status of your talk (accepted or
otherwise) by February 26, 2007. Unless the content of your talk is
particularly timely (e.g., features of a product that will be launched at
OSCON), you are required to send us your slides several weeks before the
conference begins. Submit proposals via the form below.

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2007/create/e_sess

Don't wait until the last moment to submit your proposal for the Python
track at OSCON 2007. The proposal deadline is less than three weeks away and
we have a limited number of tutorial and session slots available for Python
talks.