OSError: [Errno 127] Value too large to be stored in data type

Chris Hulan

Running Python 2.3.2 on AIX
getting "OSError: [Errno 127] Value too large to be stored in data type"
when executing:

os.listdir('/some/NFS/dir')

The error only happens on NFS mounted dirs
Anyone else seen this?

Chris Hulan

Running Python 2.3.2 on AIX

getting "OSError: [Errno 127] Value too large to be stored in data type"

when executing:

os.listdir('/some/NFS/dir')

The error only happens on NFS mounted dirs

Anyone else seen this?

Looks like it may be a aix and NFS config issue as it only affects 1 NFS server and only on AIX

Steven D'Aprano

Running Python 2.3.2 on AIX

getting "OSError: [Errno 127] Value too large to be stored in data
type"

when executing:

os.listdir('/some/NFS/dir')

The error only happens on NFS mounted dirs

Anyone else seen this?

Looks like it may be a aix and NFS config issue as it only affects 1
NFS server and only on AIX

Thanks for responding on-list with a follow-up, and I'm sorry that nobody
was able to give you any useful answers. If you do find a solution, work-
around or even just an explanation, please consider replying again with
an answer.