OSS, java-based XML Diff?

Discussion in 'XML' started by onetitfemme, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. onetitfemme

    onetitfemme Guest

    Hi *,
    ..
    I was wondering if there is an API to track and reproduce changes in
    an XML document. This API must describe and track all changes including
    those in the metadata of the document (the attributes) and if possible
    the changes in the content itself could be also tracked (say, text
    segment was updated/inserted/deleted/appended, with a time stamp ...)
    ..
    I think there is an API from Microsoft:
    http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xmldiff/
    and there are java based ones
    (http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xmldiffmerge/), but the ones that I
    see were compiled for jdk 1.3!?! and haven't been maintained and do not
    handle deltas very well.
    ..
    ther are commercial ones, http://www.deltaxml.com that seem to be gone
    with the wind and stylus (former XMLSpy?)). I am looking for a
    java-based, GPLG API anyway
    ..
    I am not really interested in merging documents, mainly progressive
    deltas. Say you have an XML document that is updated here and there ...
    ..
    Is there something like that?
    ..
    otf