OSS, java-based XML Diff?

onetitfemme

Hi *,
..
I was wondering if there is an API to track and reproduce changes in
an XML document. This API must describe and track all changes including
those in the metadata of the document (the attributes) and if possible
the changes in the content itself could be also tracked (say, text
segment was updated/inserted/deleted/appended, with a time stamp ...)
..
I think there is an API from Microsoft:
http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xmldiff/
and there are java based ones
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xmldiffmerge/), but the ones that I
see were compiled for jdk 1.3!?! and haven't been maintained and do not
handle deltas very well.
..
ther are commercial ones, http://www.deltaxml.com that seem to be gone
with the wind and stylus (former XMLSpy?)). I am looking for a
java-based, GPLG API anyway
..
I am not really interested in merging documents, mainly progressive
deltas. Say you have an XML document that is updated here and there ...
..
Is there something like that?
..
otf