ostream which uses my own output method

Johannes Zellner

Hello,

I need an ostream, which has all the operators like
operator << (double)
operator << (char*)
etc ...
but which actually calls my own write(char*) method to output
the (possibly converted) characters. What is the simplest way
to do this?

Dietmar Kuehl

Johannes said:
but which actually calls my own write(char*) method to output
the (possibly converted) characters. What is the simplest way
to do this?

You need to derive a class from 'std::streambuf', overload the
'overflow()' and 'sync()' methods, and create an 'std::eek:stream'
using this stream buffer. I have provided detailed descriptions
of how to do this in past and I'm to bored to write it yet again.