OT: A Domain I Registered Now Points Elsewhere?

nice.guy.nige

Hi all,

A bit confused...

A few months ago I registered a domain name for a potential web design
client. I registered using the registrar I normally use, and in the clients
name, but in my account with the registrar (so the domain name is managed in
my account, but the contact details for the domain are the client's). They
eventually decided to go with another designer and so I was waiting for
someone to contact me and say "can you change the nameservers to whatever"
which never happened. In the meantime, had the domain name just point to a
page on my server. Just had a look and it now points to their new site
(which IMO is pretty shit!). Checked my account on the registrar's site and
the domain is still in my list and still set to point to my holding page.
Checked whois and they appear to have a new registrar.

Now, I can understand that -- as the domain is registered under their
name -- they can transfer it away from my registrar using their headed paper
or whatever, but if that is what happened, why would it still appear in the
control panel on my registrar?

And I can't get over how shit the site is! I offered them a pretty nice
layout, valid code and accessiblity for peanuts, and now they've got frames,
black background, animated gifs, invalid and inaccessible code... grr!

Just thought I'd share that with the gang...

Cheers,
Nige

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

nice.guy.nige said:
[...]

It takes a few days for the registrar to update and move it out of, or into,
your account. I've had that happen many times. Even though its listed in
your account, you won't be able to edit any of the settings.

--Tina

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc. ([email protected])
feverishly typed...
Now, I can understand that -- as the domain is registered under their
name -- they can transfer it away from my registrar using their
headed paper
or whatever, but if that is what happened, why would it still appear
in the
control panel on my registrar?
[...]
It takes a few days for the registrar to update and move it out of,
or into, your account. I've had that happen many times. Even
though its listed in your account, you won't be able to edit any of
the settings.

That occured to me, but the whois lists the domain as last modified 15
November 04... May give the registrar a bell tomorrow.

Cheers,
Nige

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

nice.guy.nige said:
While the city slept, Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.
([email protected])
feverishly typed...
Now, I can understand that -- as the domain is registered under their
name -- they can transfer it away from my registrar using their
headed paper
or whatever, but if that is what happened, why would it still appear
in the
control panel on my registrar?
[...]
It takes a few days for the registrar to update and move it out of,
or into, your account. I've had that happen many times. Even
though its listed in your account, you won't be able to edit any of
the settings.

That occured to me, but the whois lists the domain as last modified 15
November 04... May give the registrar a bell tomorrow.

The WHOIS you are using may not be in real time.

--Tina