OT aaa-webhost.net

William Tasso

Chris Harris wrote:

You are absolutely right - this is OT here. However, a little research ....
Does anybody know anything about the current status of this lot at
http://www.aaa-webhost.net

Contact details from home page:
Call us: 011-506-352-3107
email: (e-mail address removed)

attempts a client-side redirect to: http://aaa-webhost.net
can't get any response from them.

Then you must move your site - but you knew that anyway.

Chris Harris

You are absolutely right - this is OT here. However, a little research

Looked at the hosting NGs but no traffic on them, therefore didn't expect a
prompt answer like I got from you kind sir!

attempts a client-side redirect to: http://aaa-webhost.net

I know but I thought that maybe people might recognise or or other of the
names.
Then you must move your site - but you knew that anyway.

Yea but where to? I want LAMP and don't want to pay too much.. Been looking
at this lot http://www.accuwebhosting.com who seem reasonable. and they
guarantee 99.93% uptime :) - not bad only about six hours a year of
downtime at worst!

Chris

Chris Harris

I don't do LAMP but I hear good things about http://page-zone.com

Looks good, but their payment system won't work for me. I don't have a
state in my address, but I do have a PO box and a street name and I
can't enter both!

Paypal doesn't list my country in it's addess field so I can't set up
one of those..

I ran into a similar problem with godaddy. Their system quite happily
lets you enter a country other than the USA but then insists on you
entering a state from a list of US states..

Like many internet companies they are complete bollocks with their
geography !! Or is that just the US based ones?

Wipkip

While sitting in a puddle Chris Harris scribbled in the mud:
Looks good, but their payment system won't work for me. I don't have a
state in my address, but I do have a PO box and a street name and I
can't enter both!

Paypal doesn't list my country in it's addess field so I can't set up
one of those..

I ran into a similar problem with godaddy. Their system quite happily
lets you enter a country other than the USA but then insists on you
entering a state from a list of US states..

Like many internet companies they are complete bollocks with their
geography !! Or is that just the US based ones?

try http://www.enterprisedigital.net/

not to bad. I'v been with them about 9 months & have no complaints so far.

William Tasso

Chris said:
Looks good, but their payment system won't work for me. I don't have a
state in my address, but I do have a PO box and a street name and I
can't enter both!

Try the contact page. The boss is called Jim. You can tell him I won't
give him any more good press unless he makes it work for you ;o) I suspect
he has a way of doing business that doesn't involve the automated system -
Page Zone is getting bigger, but it's not that big yet.
Paypal doesn't list my country in it's addess field

which is what? just for the sake of curiosity.
I ran into a similar problem with godaddy. Their system quite happily
lets you enter a country other than the USA but then insists on you
entering a state from a list of US states..

Fortunately they are a 'me too' company - there are plenty alternative
sources for their products/services.
Like many internet companies they are complete bollocks with their
geography !! Or is that just the US based ones?

I fear the USA is just about to come in for quite a lot of bad press from
the chatterati - the top three sources of spam in the UK are:
o USA
o China
o Korea

but now I fear we have wandered way to far off-topic for this group.

Chris Harris

Try the contact page. The boss is called Jim. You can tell him I won't
give him any more good press unless he makes it work for you ;o) I suspect
he has a way of doing business that doesn't involve the automated system -
Page Zone is getting bigger, but it's not that big yet.

I'll look in again next time I'm looking. I liked what I saw there.
which is what? just for the sake of curiosity.

The Falkland Islands. Not that big I know ;-)

Thanks for the replies.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Chris Harris said:

Looked at the hosting NGs but no traffic on them, therefore didn't expect a
prompt answer like I got from you kind sir!

I know but I thought that maybe people might recognise or or other of the
names.

Yea but where to? I want LAMP and don't want to pay too much.. Been looking
at this lot http://www.accuwebhosting.com who seem reasonable. and they
guarantee 99.93% uptime :) - not bad only about six hours a year of
downtime at worst!

Chris

Any Cpanel host (like us), should have no problem with LAMP.

--Tina