[OT] An accessible website ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andy Dingley, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Andy Dingley, Jul 17, 2006

  2. Andy Dingley

    Rik Guest

    Andy Dingley wrote:
    > http://n.nfshost.com/1.html
    >
    > Probably the least accessible ever ? :cool:

    Define accessible.
    IMO it's a HIGHLY accessible website. Almost every apparatus designed to
    display HTML in some way will know there's a 1, with a link to another
    page...

    Too bad it's not valid, which it easily could be.

    The only thing it is is short, but the record for shortest page that will
    still validate in the W3C validator is much, much smaller.

    What was it? I can't find it that quickly, but that was about 20 characters
    I believe.

    Grtz,
    --
    Rik Wasmus

    Rik, Jul 18, 2006

  3. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:00:41 +0200, "Rik" <>
    wrote:

    >Andy Dingley wrote:
    >> http://n.nfshost.com/1.html

    >IMO it's a HIGHLY accessible website.

    Then try navigating to the further pages...

    Andy Dingley, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Andy Dingley

    Rik Guest

    Andy Dingley wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:00:41 +0200, "Rik" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Andy Dingley wrote:
    >>> http://n.nfshost.com/1.html

    >> IMO it's a HIGHLY accessible website.

    > Then try navigating to the further pages...

    AFAIK there are not further pages, which makes it allright. Not that I
    checked though.

    Grtz,
    --
    Rik Wasmus

    Rik, Jul 18, 2006
  5. Andy Dingley

    dorayme Guest

    In article <bf83$44bc1642$8259c69c$>,
    "Rik" <> wrote:

    > Andy Dingley wrote:
    > > http://n.nfshost.com/1.html
    > >
    > > Probably the least accessible ever ? :cool:

    > Define accessible.
    > IMO it's a HIGHLY accessible website. Almost every apparatus designed to
    > display HTML in some way will know there's a 1, with a link to another
    > page...
    >
    > Too bad it's not valid, which it easily could be.
    >
    > The only thing it is is short, but the record for shortest page that will
    > still validate in the W3C validator is much, much smaller.

    Why not a bit shorter still in the source and css... is the
    container needed?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Andy Dingley

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Why not a bit shorter still in the source and css... is the
    > container needed?

    It is in Strict - you can't put inline elements directly inside the
    body.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

    Mark Parnell, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> Why not a bit shorter still in the source and css... is the
    >> container needed?

    > It is in Strict - you can't put inline elements directly inside the
    > body.

    Yeah, P element is a block element, you don't need the DIV, right?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 18, 2006
  8. Andy Dingley

    dorayme Guest

    In article <1xcggyjhpi9tu$>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > Why not a bit shorter still in the source and css... is the
    > > container needed?

    > It is in Strict - you can't put inline elements directly inside the
    > body.

    I just was picking up fag ends... saw http://n.nfshost.com/1.html
    and saw no doc type at all... tried the thing without container
    in FF and it looked pretty much the same...

    That was good enough for me to blurt out what I blurted out!

    (You have been very quiet, Marcus, lately...)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 18, 2006
  9. Andy Dingley

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > (You have been very quiet, Marcus, lately...)

    Indeed I have, though in my defence my name is not Marcus.

    I've been lurking, but have been busy with <whisper>work</whisper>, so
    haven't had much time to post.

    Mark Parnell, Jul 18, 2006
  10. Andy Dingley

    dorayme Guest

    In article <zpcwzcrfexdf$>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > (You have been very quiet, Marcus, lately...)

    > Indeed I have, though in my defence my name is not Marcus.
    >
    > I've been lurking, but have been busy with <whisper>work</whisper>, so
    > haven't had much time to post.

    Yes, me too but it is amazing how one can find distractions to
    avoid it... About the Marcus business... I was in a Latin mood...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 18, 2006
  11. Andy Dingley

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Yes, me too but it is amazing how one can find distractions to
    > avoid it...

    Absolutely. Though less so when the boss is only a couple of metres
    away. ;-)

    > About the Marcus business... I was in a Latin mood...

    So that makes you...doraymus? No, must be doraymia.

    Mark Parnell, Jul 18, 2006
  12. On 2006-07-17, Andy Dingley wrote:
    > http://n.nfshost.com/1.html
    >
    > Probably the least accessible ever ? :cool:

    Far from it.

    The site with the least reason to go beyond the first page, maybe.

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jul 18, 2006
  13. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Re: An accessible website ?

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

    > > http://n.nfshost.com/1.html

    > The site with the least reason to go beyond the first page, maybe.

    On the contrary.... :cool:

    I believe there's about 100 pages in there. I've only got to 22 so far
    though.

    Andy Dingley, Jul 18, 2006
  14. Andy Dingley

    Rik Guest

    Re: An accessible website ?

    Andy Dingley wrote:
    > Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
    >
    >>> http://n.nfshost.com/1.html

    >> The site with the least reason to go beyond the first page, maybe.

    > On the contrary.... :cool:
    >
    > I believe there's about 100 pages in there. I've only got to 22 so far
    > though.

    Hey, it's a game... And a pretty enjoyable one at that.

    It think my english is playing parts now, how the hell would non-native
    speaker know a baker's dozen is thirteen? But after that I'm stuck.

    Grtz,
    --
    Rik Wasmus

    Rik, Jul 18, 2006
  15. Andy Dingley

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Chaddy2222, Jul 18, 2006
  16. Andy Dingley

    dorayme Guest

    In article <z6sskm6tgs3t$>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > Yes, me too but it is amazing how one can find distractions to
    > > avoid it...

    > Absolutely. Though less so when the boss is only a couple of metres
    > away. ;-)

    Yes, well... I am lucky that way, I have no work boss... at least
    not on earth ..

    > > About the Marcus business... I was in a Latin mood...

    > So that makes you...doraymus? No, must be doraymia.

    Now now Mark, that is below the belt, you know how sensitive I am
    about my name. (Plus...I doubt you are genuinely in a Latin
    mood...)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 18, 2006
  17. Andy Dingley

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > > Probably the least accessible ever ? :cool:

    > Far from it.
    >
    > The site with the least reason to go beyond the first page, maybe.

    No, that is definitely not right, a "1" compels a "2" with iron
    like reason...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 18, 2006
  18. Andy Dingley

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Re: An accessible website ?

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Andy Dingley
    <> declared in alt.html:

    [http://n.nfshost.com/1.html]
    > I believe there's about 100 pages in there. I've only got to 22 so far
    > though.

    Ah, I get it now. Quite clever :)

    Stuck trying to get to 8 ATM...

    Mark Parnell, Jul 18, 2006
  19. Andy Dingley

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Re: An accessible website ?

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Mark Parnell
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Stuck trying to get to 8 ATM...

    OK, I finished - there's only 30...for now. :)

    Mark Parnell, Jul 19, 2006