  1. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    See Subject.
    W. eWatson, Sep 5, 2011

  2. On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM, W. eWatson <> wrote:
    > See Subject.

    To what extent "familiar"? I have it installed on several computers,
    but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.

    With something off-topic like this, it might be better to have a real
    email address, so the responses can be off-list.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Sep 5, 2011

  3. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    On 9/5/2011 8:24 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
    > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM, W. eWatson<> wrote:
    >> See Subject.
    >> --
    >>

    > To what extent "familiar"? I have it installed on several computers,
    > but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.
    >
    > With something off-topic like this, it might be better to have a real
    > email address, so the responses can be off-list.
    >
    > ChrisA

    sierra_mtnview @ sbcglobal.net
    Here's the story.

    As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available. I've Googled quite a bit
    for it. My source for 1.9 is
    <http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
    open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

    When I install, there are only choices: Custom, which presumably will
    ask a lot of questions, and some one shot do-it without any
    intervention. I took the latter.

    ...., XP, and no Win7? I use Win7. Trouble??

    Something is amiss with my install. I downloaded 1.9. I did not use any
    customization.

    I can bring up the IDE easily. Using it is a different matter. The
    only Getting Started in F77 manual I can find is shown as v1.8. If 1.9
    is needed, I can't find it. If I use the 1.8 manual, then the contents
    don't match up with what I find in the F77 IDE. For example, the manual
    talks about a Kitchen project on page 15. Not found anywhere in the
    install folder.
    W. eWatson, Sep 5, 2011
  4. W. eWatson

    Dan Nagle Guest

    Hello,

    On 2011-09-05 16:15:20 +0000, W. eWatson said:

    >> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM, W. eWatson<> wrote:
    >>> See Subject.

    <snip>

    >>> To what extent "familiar"? I have it installed on several computers,

    >> but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.
    >>
    >> With something off-topic like this,

    <snip>

    >> sierra_mtnview @ sbcglobal.net

    > Here's the story.
    >
    > As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available. I've Googled quite a
    > bit for it. My source for 1.9 is
    > <http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
    > open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

    On Usenet, comp.lang.fortran might be the best source of help for this.
    There's a good chance one of the regulars there can answer you
    within one or two posts. (I'll not cross-post, you can choose for yourself.)

    HTH

    --
    Cheers!

    Dan Nagle
    Dan Nagle, Sep 5, 2011
  5. On 05-Sep-11 12:22 PM, Dan Nagle wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On 2011-09-05 16:15:20 +0000, W. eWatson said:
    >
    >> On 9/5/2011 8:24 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:

    > <snip>

    >>> but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.
    >>>
    >>> With something off-topic like this,

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> sierra_mtnview @ sbcglobal.net

    >> Here's the story.
    >>
    >> As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available. I've Googled quite a
    >> bit for it. My source for 1.9 is
    >> <http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
    >> open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

    > On Usenet, comp.lang.fortran might be the best source of help for this.
    > There's a good chance one of the regulars there can answer you
    > within one or two posts. (I'll not cross-post, you can choose for
    > yourself.)
    >
    > HTH

    You might get in touch with someone at Waterloo University, which is
    located in Kitchener/Waterloo.

    This could have come from the 60's or 70's.

    Good luck.

    Colin W.
    Colin J. Williams, Sep 5, 2011
  6. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    On 9/5/2011 9:36 AM, Colin J. Williams wrote:
    > On 05-Sep-11 12:22 PM, Dan Nagle wrote:
    >> Hello,

    >> <snip>

    >> <snip>

    >>> Here's the story.
    >>>
    >>> As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available. I've Googled quite a
    >>> bit for it. My source for 1.9 is
    >>> <http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
    >>> open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

    >> On Usenet, comp.lang.fortran might be the best source of help for this.
    >> There's a good chance one of the regulars there can answer you
    >> within one or two posts. (I'll not cross-post, you can choose for
    >> yourself.)
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > You might get in touch with someone at Waterloo University, which is
    > located in Kitchener/Waterloo.
    >
    > This could have come from the 60's or 70's.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Colin W.

    Left a message on Tuesday. No return call. I'm starting to make progress
    on this.
    W. eWatson, Sep 8, 2011