[OT] Apache Mahout

Hollow Quincy

From: Hollow Quincy <[email protected]>

Hi,

I would like to use text classifier tool, that are implemented in Apache
Mahout.
I don't want to run Mahout with Apache Hadoop. I would like to use
classification in simple way.

Is it possible to run Apache Mahout independently without Haddop ? Would I be
able to use text classifiers ?

Thanks for help

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

Jeff Higgins

To: Hollow Quincy
From: Jeff Higgins <[email protected]>

Hi,

I would like to use text classifier tool, that are implemented in
Apache Mahout.
I don't want to run Mahout with Apache Hadoop. I would like to use
classification in simple way.

The Mahout will likely be unhappy without his elephant. You will likely find a
greater body of knowledgeable practitioners here:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Mailing+Lists,+IRC+and+Arch
ives>