[OT] Apache Mahout

Discussion in 'Java' started by Hollow Quincy, Aug 13, 2012.

  1. From: "Hollow Quincy" <hollow.quincy@1:261/38.remove-nlb-this>

    From: Hollow Quincy <>

    Hi,

    I would like to use text classifier tool, that are implemented in Apache
    Mahout.
    I don't want to run Mahout with Apache Hadoop. I would like to use
    classification in simple way.

    Is it possible to run Apache Mahout independently without Haddop ? Would I be
    able to use text classifiers ?

    Thanks for help

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Hollow Quincy, Aug 13, 2012

  2. Hollow Quincy

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    To: Hollow Quincy
    From: "Jeff Higgins" <jeff.higgins@1:261/38.remove-nlb-this>

    To: Hollow Quincy
    From: Jeff Higgins <>

    On 08/13/2012 06:08 AM, Hollow Quincy wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to use text classifier tool, that are implemented in
    > Apache Mahout.
    > I don't want to run Mahout with Apache Hadoop. I would like to use
    > classification in simple way.

    The Mahout will likely be unhappy without his elephant. You will likely find a
    greater body of knowledgeable practitioners here:
    ives>

    Jeff Higgins, Aug 13, 2012