OT: Asking for recommendations...

BessieBee

I'm working on a web site for a local organization. The group is
growing and they want to establish a mailing list for all members -
opt-in only. Can anyone here recommend a program or service that
handles mass mailings and managing an email database? There's no
marketing involved, only the (now) occasional newsletter.

Right now these mailings are being handled by the group's organizer
from her personal email, but it's very quickly getting out of hand.

A program or service we're looking for shouldn't have any limit on the
number of emails sent and should not be caught up or rejected by the
recipients spam filters.

Cost is a concern, but they're willing to pay for start up costs,
and/or a reasonable annual/monthly fee.

Can anyone recommend a program service from their own experience?

Thank you!

---
BessieBee
LeslieB

*Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
*Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

Irina Rempt

I'm working on a web site for a local organization. The group is
growing and they want to establish a mailing list for all members -
opt-in only. Can anyone here recommend a program or service that
handles mass mailings and managing an email database? There's no
marketing involved, only the (now) occasional newsletter.
[...]

Can anyone recommend a program service from their own experience?

We use mailman (on a Linux server). It comfortably handles a mailing list with a few hundred members, and people can handle their own subscription (subscribe, unsubscribe, set preferences) with minimal interference from the administrator.

Irina