OT: Asking for recommendations...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BessieBee, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    I'm working on a web site for a local organization. The group is
    growing and they want to establish a mailing list for all members -
    opt-in only. Can anyone here recommend a program or service that
    handles mass mailings and managing an email database? There's no
    marketing involved, only the (now) occasional newsletter.

    Right now these mailings are being handled by the group's organizer
    from her personal email, but it's very quickly getting out of hand.

    A program or service we're looking for shouldn't have any limit on the
    number of emails sent and should not be caught up or rejected by the
    recipients spam filters.

    Cost is a concern, but they're willing to pay for start up costs,
    and/or a reasonable annual/monthly fee.

    Can anyone recommend a program service from their own experience?

    Thank you!

    ---
    BessieBee
    LeslieB

    *Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
    *Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

    BessieBee, Oct 23, 2008

  2. BessieBee

    Irina Rempt Guest

    On Thursday 23 October 2008 02:26, BessieBee wrote:

    > I'm working on a web site for a local organization. The group is
    > growing and they want to establish a mailing list for all members -
    > opt-in only. Can anyone here recommend a program or service that
    > handles mass mailings and managing an email database? There's no
    > marketing involved, only the (now) occasional newsletter.

    [...]

    > Can anyone recommend a program service from their own experience?

    We use mailman (on a Linux server). It comfortably handles a mailing list with a few hundred members, and people can handle their own subscription (subscribe, unsubscribe, set preferences) with minimal interference from the administrator.

    Irina

    --
    "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
    should that mean that it is not real?" --Albus Dumbledore

    Irina Rempt, Oct 23, 2008