OT: Atkins diet

Whitecrest

Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
than I was a year ago!

This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts

This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.

20 more pounds to go!

Now back to alt.html crap....

Hywel

Whitecrest said:
Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
than I was a year ago!

This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts

This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.

20 more pounds to go!

Go go Fatty Whitecrest! Well done, chief, excellent effort. My view of
the Atkins diet is that it's dangerous - it's malnutrition after all,
but good on you, kiddo. You do know that it will cost you a fortune in
pretty new frocks, though?

Els

Whitecrest said:
Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
than I was a year ago!

This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts

This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.

20 more pounds to go!

Well done!!

Whitecrest

Go go Fatty Whitecrest! Well done, chief, excellent effort. My view of
the Atkins diet is that it's dangerous - it's malnutrition after all,
but good on you, kiddo. You do know that it will cost you a fortune in
pretty new frocks, though?

Na, now I just run around naked....

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Congrats!!! That is a major accomplishment. Are you finding it hard to
stick to the plan??

--Tina

Hywel

Whitecrest said:
Na, now I just run around naked....

You have no idea how scared I am now. I suppose you don't rock yourself
to sleep when you fall over any more.

Whitecrest

Congrats!!! That is a major accomplishment. Are you finding it hard to
stick to the plan??

Basically I have given up all grain products, and starchy vegies. I
also limit my fruit in-take a little. Other than that, I eat what ever I
want.

Barefoot Kid

Whitecrest said:
Basically I have given up all grain products, and starchy vegies. I
also limit my fruit in-take a little. Other than that, I eat what ever I
want.

i heard that the high protein content of the atkins diet actually suppresses
the appetite so dieters eat less and loose weight that way.

i was watching this prog where this woman was trying to get into the police
force but she had to loose some weight 1st so she followed the atkins diet.
she began to get cravings for carbs and was pissed off cause she couldnt
have a banana. she commented on how ridiculous it was that she couldnt even
eat a piece of fruit, i would tend to agree.

congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
implications of this diet.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Barefoot Kid said:
congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
implications of this diet.

Yeah, because being 100 lbs overweight is so much healthier. ;-)

--Tina

Els

Barefoot said:
i heard that the high protein content of the atkins diet actually suppresses
the appetite so dieters eat less and loose weight that way.

I think that's part of it, yes, but it's also a fact that
eating carbohydrates makes you want to eat more
carbohydrates. Something to do with the 'sugar-level' and
insuline production.
i was watching this prog where this woman was trying to get into the police
force but she had to loose some weight 1st so she followed the atkins diet.
she began to get cravings for carbs and was pissed off cause she couldnt
have a banana. she commented on how ridiculous it was that she couldnt even
eat a piece of fruit, i would tend to agree.

I thought those cravings stopped after a short first period
on the diet? Also, it's not like you stay off carbohydrates
all together forever, it's re-introduced bit by bit later in
the diet.
congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
implications of this diet.

As long as you take the recommended vitamin supplements, I
didn't think there were any health risks.

Titus A Ducksass AKA Lou Simon (Just for Gran) Luc

Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
than I was a year ago!

This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts

This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.

20 more pounds to go!

Now back to alt.html crap....
It put me in hospital.
Blood clot on the heart.

Whitecrest

hungdiep@intro- said:
i heard that the high protein content of the atkins diet actually suppresses
the appetite so dieters eat less and loose weight that way.

You tend to eat a little less
she commented on how ridiculous it was that she couldnt even
eat a piece of fruit, i would tend to agree.

That is for the first 2 weeks of induction, after that you can have some
(albeit limited) fruit. After you have lost the weight, you can have a
lot of fruit. Basically once you have lost the weight you want, you
limit the refined sugar you eat. Most are found in processed foods,
grain products, and starchy vegies. It is a lifestyle change, some can
not make. I personally find it easy. Others don't. No diet works for
everyone.
congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
implications of this diet.

I hit the doctor every 90 days for blood work while dieting. My
cholesterol levele are great, and I have been off Acupril (high BP when
I was fat) for the last 4 months.

brucie

in post: <
Whitecrest said:
Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
than I was a year ago!

<sob/> you selfish bastard. now there just less of you to love <cry/> if
you want to leave me say so, don't be cruel and do it just a little bit
at a time.

Blinky the Shark

Whitecrest said:
Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
than I was a year ago!

Congratulations. And a hat-tip to your will power -- a year's a long
time to be good.
This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts
This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.

"Do these pants make my ass look skinny?"

longroad

Its been proven this diet is extremely unhealthy. yeah, you'll lose weight.
but fruit is fundamental to life. there is no reason whatsoever to ever
limit the amount of fruit and vegetables you eat.
congrats on losing the weight, but for true health you shouldn't follow any
diet. just eat what you want, the bad thing in moderation, eat alot of
fruit, and exercise everyday.
my two cents.

brucie

in post: <
longroad said:
just eat what you want, the bad thing in moderation, eat alot of
fruit, and exercise everyday.

don't be stupid. the diet industry didn't become a multi billion dollar
empire handing out sensible advice like that. you must be communist.

Karl Groves

longroad said:
Its been proven this diet is extremely unhealthy. yeah, you'll lose weight.
but fruit is fundamental to life. there is no reason whatsoever to ever
limit the amount of fruit and vegetables you eat.
congrats on losing the weight, but for true health you shouldn't follow any
diet. just eat what you want, the bad thing in moderation, eat alot of
fruit, and exercise everyday.
my two cents.

Weightloss is so simple, I'm not sure why people make such a big deal out of
it.

A calorie is a measurement of energy.
To lose weight, you only need to expend more energy than you take in.
It isn't brain surgery.