    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Whitecrest

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, Whitecrest
    says...
    > Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
    > than I was a year ago!
    >
    > This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts
    >
    > This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.
    >
    > 20 more pounds to go!

    Go go Fatty Whitecrest! Well done, chief, excellent effort. My view of
    the Atkins diet is that it's dangerous - it's malnutrition after all,
    but good on you, kiddo. You do know that it will cost you a fortune in
    pretty new frocks, though?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Whitecrest

    Els Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:

    > Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
    > than I was a year ago!
    >
    > This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts
    >
    > This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.
    >
    > 20 more pounds to go!

    Well done!!

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Go go Fatty Whitecrest! Well done, chief, excellent effort. My view of
    > the Atkins diet is that it's dangerous - it's malnutrition after all,
    > but good on you, kiddo. You do know that it will cost you a fortune in
    > pretty new frocks, though?

    Na, now I just run around naked....
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Re: Atkins diet

    Congrats!!! That is a major accomplishment. Are you finding it hard to
    stick to the plan??

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 1, 2004
  6. "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Go go Fatty Whitecrest! Well done, chief, excellent effort. My view of
    > > the Atkins diet is that it's dangerous - it's malnutrition after all,
    > > but good on you, kiddo. You do know that it will cost you a fortune in
    > > pretty new frocks, though?

    > Na, now I just run around naked....

    I bet people are no longer running away in horror. :-D

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 1, 2004
  7. Whitecrest

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, Whitecrest
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Go go Fatty Whitecrest! Well done, chief, excellent effort. My view of
    > > the Atkins diet is that it's dangerous - it's malnutrition after all,
    > > but good on you, kiddo. You do know that it will cost you a fortune in
    > > pretty new frocks, though?

    > Na, now I just run around naked....

    You have no idea how scared I am now. I suppose you don't rock yourself
    to sleep when you fall over any more.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Jun 1, 2004
  8. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    Re: Atkins diet

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Congrats!!! That is a major accomplishment. Are you finding it hard to
    > stick to the plan??

    Basically I have given up all grain products, and starchy vegies. I
    also limit my fruit in-take a little. Other than that, I eat what ever I
    want.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004
  9. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > Na, now I just run around naked....

    > I bet people are no longer running away in horror. :-D

    Now they just stare in awe....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004
  10. Whitecrest

    Barefoot Kid Guest

    Re: Atkins diet

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Congrats!!! That is a major accomplishment. Are you finding it hard to
    > > stick to the plan??

    > Basically I have given up all grain products, and starchy vegies. I
    > also limit my fruit in-take a little. Other than that, I eat what ever I
    > want.

    i heard that the high protein content of the atkins diet actually suppresses
    the appetite so dieters eat less and loose weight that way.

    i was watching this prog where this woman was trying to get into the police
    force but she had to loose some weight 1st so she followed the atkins diet.
    she began to get cravings for carbs and was pissed off cause she couldnt
    have a banana. she commented on how ridiculous it was that she couldnt even
    eat a piece of fruit, i would tend to agree.

    congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
    implications of this diet.
    --
    Hung Diep
    http://www.intro-spect.co.uk
    Barefoot Kid, Jun 1, 2004
  11. Re: Atkins diet

    "Barefoot Kid" <> wrote in message

    > congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
    > implications of this diet.

    Yeah, because being 100 lbs overweight is so much healthier. ;-)

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 1, 2004
  12. Whitecrest

    Els Guest

    Re: Atkins diet

    Barefoot Kid wrote:

    > i heard that the high protein content of the atkins diet actually suppresses
    > the appetite so dieters eat less and loose weight that way.

    I think that's part of it, yes, but it's also a fact that
    eating carbohydrates makes you want to eat more
    carbohydrates. Something to do with the 'sugar-level' and
    insuline production.

    > i was watching this prog where this woman was trying to get into the police
    > force but she had to loose some weight 1st so she followed the atkins diet.
    > she began to get cravings for carbs and was pissed off cause she couldnt
    > have a banana. she commented on how ridiculous it was that she couldnt even
    > eat a piece of fruit, i would tend to agree.

    I thought those cravings stopped after a short first period
    on the diet? Also, it's not like you stay off carbohydrates
    all together forever, it's re-introduced bit by bit later in
    the diet.

    > congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
    > implications of this diet.

    As long as you take the recommended vitamin supplements, I
    didn't think there were any health risks.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jun 1, 2004
  13. On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:37:16 -0400, Whitecrest
    <> wrote:

    >Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
    >than I was a year ago!
    >
    >This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts
    >
    >This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.
    >
    >20 more pounds to go!
    >
    >Now back to alt.html crap....

    It put me in hospital.
    Blood clot on the heart.
    Titus A Ducksass AKA Lou Simon (Just for Gran) Luc, Jun 1, 2004
  14. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    Re: Atkins diet

    In article <kO3vc.2094$>, hungdiep@intro-
    spect.co.uk says...
    > i heard that the high protein content of the atkins diet actually suppresses
    > the appetite so dieters eat less and loose weight that way.

    You tend to eat a little less

    > she commented on how ridiculous it was that she couldnt even
    > eat a piece of fruit, i would tend to agree.

    That is for the first 2 weeks of induction, after that you can have some
    (albeit limited) fruit. After you have lost the weight, you can have a
    lot of fruit. Basically once you have lost the weight you want, you
    limit the refined sugar you eat. Most are found in processed foods,
    grain products, and starchy vegies. It is a lifestyle change, some can
    not make. I personally find it easy. Others don't. No diet works for
    everyone.

    > congrats on loosing all that weight but be careful of the health
    > implications of this diet.

    I hit the doctor every 90 days for blood work while dieting. My
    cholesterol levele are great, and I have been off Acupril (high BP when
    I was fat) for the last 4 months.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004
  15. Whitecrest

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    Whitecrest <> said:

    > Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
    > than I was a year ago!

    <sob/> you selfish bastard. now there just less of you to love <cry/> if
    you want to leave me say so, don't be cruel and do it just a little bit
    at a time.

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Jun 1, 2004
  16. Whitecrest wrote:

    > Well, after 1 year on a low carb lifestyle I am now 100 pounds lighter
    > than I was a year ago!

    Congratulations. And a hat-tip to your will power -- a year's a long
    time to be good.

    > This week last year, 280 pounds, 48"-50" pants XXL/XXXL shirts

    > This morning 180 pounds, 36" pants and medium/large shirts.

    "Do these pants make my ass look skinny?"

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 1, 2004
  17. Whitecrest

    longroad Guest

    Its been proven this diet is extremely unhealthy. yeah, you'll lose weight.
    but fruit is fundamental to life. there is no reason whatsoever to ever
    limit the amount of fruit and vegetables you eat.
    congrats on losing the weight, but for true health you shouldn't follow any
    diet. just eat what you want, the bad thing in moderation, eat alot of
    fruit, and exercise everyday.
    my two cents.
    longroad, Jun 2, 2004
  18. Whitecrest

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:40bd273c$0$31674$>
    longroad <> said:

    > just eat what you want, the bad thing in moderation, eat alot of
    > fruit, and exercise everyday.

    don't be stupid. the diet industry didn't become a multi billion dollar
    empire handing out sensible advice like that. you must be communist.

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Jun 2, 2004
  19. Titus A Ducksass AKA Lou Simon (Just for Gran) Lucy Lastic for me wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:37:16 -0400, Whitecrest
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Now back to alt.html crap....

    > It put me in hospital.
    > Blood clot on the heart.

    Yep. alt.html crap has been known to do that.
    Disco Octopus, Jun 2, 2004
  20. Whitecrest

    Karl Groves Guest

    "longroad" <> wrote in message
    > Its been proven this diet is extremely unhealthy. yeah, you'll lose

    weight.
    > but fruit is fundamental to life. there is no reason whatsoever to ever
    > limit the amount of fruit and vegetables you eat.
    > congrats on losing the weight, but for true health you shouldn't follow

    any
    > diet. just eat what you want, the bad thing in moderation, eat alot of
    > fruit, and exercise everyday.
    > my two cents.

    Weightloss is so simple, I'm not sure why people make such a big deal out of
    it.

    A calorie is a measurement of energy.
    To lose weight, you only need to expend more energy than you take in.
    It isn't brain surgery.

    --
    Karl Core
    http://www.karlcore.com