    Thanks!

    Regards,
    Mario

    Mario Fischer, Feb 5, 2004

  2. On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:02:56 -0800, Mario Fischer wrote:

    > I have to create a presentation of a person who changed the history of
    > computer science and as a perl-programmer I want to introduce Larry
    > Wall to my profile course at school in my presentation.
    >
    > I searched by using Google and others, but I didn't find a good
    > source. O'Reilly itself says there is no biography available, but that
    > doesn't make sense. Is this man such a great mistery? ;-)
    >
    > Can anyone provide good sources with numbers (that was the main
    > problem of the sources I saw: there was said that he studied and
    > worked somewhere, but nowhere I could find the exact year or month, so
    > it was useless)?

    http://www.wall.org/~larry/ is Larry Wall's home page. There is listed
    his .... email address :)

    You could just send him (a professional and honest) email and see what
    happens. I don't know the man, but I'm willing to go out on a limb and
    say you're not the first person to ask.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    Texas law forbids anyone to have a pair of pliers in his
    possession.

    James Willmore, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Mario Fischer

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Mario Fischer wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have to create a presentation of a person who changed the history of
    > computer science and as a perl-programmer I want to introduce Larry
    > Wall to my profile course at school in my presentation.
    >
    > I searched by using Google and others, but I didn't find a good
    > source. O'Reilly itself says there is no biography available, but that
    > doesn't make sense. Is this man such a great mistery? ;-)
    >
    > Can anyone provide good sources with numbers (that was the main
    > problem of the sources I saw: there was said that he studied and
    > worked somewhere, but nowhere I could find the exact year or month, so
    > it was useless)?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mario

    Well, there's an interview he did with Linux Journal that has some basic
    parts of a biography....

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Feb 5, 2004