[OT]Borland C++ 3.1 DOS command line compiler usage

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Shuo Xiang, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Shuo Xiang

    Shuo Xiang Guest

    Greetings:

    I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
    groups are dead now I can only post here:

    I need to make a batch file to compile a single .c source files into a
    binary executable using Borland C++ 3.1 for DOS. I'm just wondering
    what command to put in the batch file? Is it like:

    bcc hello.c

    and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:

    bcc -lm hello.c

    Thank you for your attention.

    Shuo Xiang

    Shuo Xiang, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Shuo Xiang

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Shuo Xiang wrote:

    > I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
    > groups are dead now I can only post here:
    >
    > I need to make a batch file to compile a single .c source files into a
    > binary executable using Borland C++ 3.1 for DOS. I'm just wondering
    > what command to put in the batch file? Is it like:
    >
    > bcc hello.c
    >
    > and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:
    >
    > bcc -lm hello.c

    You should be able to get the compiler to answer this question.
    At version 3.00, if you invoked the compiler without any
    parameters, it would list all of the options. For example, see
    http://www.iedu.com/mrd/c/Borland.txt
    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA

    Morris Dovey, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Shuo Xiang

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 10 Dec 2003 13:58:05 -0800, (Shuo
    Xiang) wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Greetings:
    >
    > I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
    > groups are dead now I can only post here:

    The fact that you cannot find a correct place to ask your question
    does not make it proper to ask it where it is off-topic.

    Besides, Borland maintains a large, active family of newsgroups that
    supports their compilers all the way back to Turbo C 1.0.

    The server is nntp://newsgroups.borland.com, and they only accepts
    posts directly to their server.

    There is also web interface to these groups through Borland's web site
    http://www.borland.com.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Shuo Xiang

    Xenos Guest

    "Shuo Xiang" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings:
    >
    > I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
    > groups are dead now I can only post here:
    >
    > I need to make a batch file to compile a single .c source files into a
    > binary executable using Borland C++ 3.1 for DOS. I'm just wondering
    > what command to put in the batch file? Is it like:
    >
    > bcc hello.c
    >
    > and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:
    >
    > bcc -lm hello.c
    >
    > Thank you for your attention.
    >
    > Shuo Xiang

    Put the command line (or lines) in the file exactly as if you were typing it
    at the command promt.

    Xenos, Dec 11, 2003
  5. On 10 Dec 2003 13:58:05 -0800, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Shuo Xiang) wrote:

    >Greetings:
    >
    >I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
    >groups are dead now I can only post here:

    There's actually a zillion borland groups, you really should try one
    of those. Or google. I found several interesting hits that way.

    >and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:

    unfortunately thre's no such thing as "large" memory model in C, so

    >bcc -lm hello.c

    This may or may not do it. Really, this is the wrong place to ask. For
    all we know, this causes bcc to link the maths library.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Dec 13, 2003