[OT]Borland C++ 3.1 DOS command line compiler usage

Shuo Xiang

Greetings:

I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
groups are dead now I can only post here:

I need to make a batch file to compile a single .c source files into a
binary executable using Borland C++ 3.1 for DOS. I'm just wondering
what command to put in the batch file? Is it like:

bcc hello.c

and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:

bcc -lm hello.c

Thank you for your attention.

Shuo Xiang

Morris Dovey

Shuo said:
I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
groups are dead now I can only post here:

I need to make a batch file to compile a single .c source files into a
binary executable using Borland C++ 3.1 for DOS. I'm just wondering
what command to put in the batch file? Is it like:

bcc hello.c

and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:

bcc -lm hello.c

You should be able to get the compiler to answer this question.
At version 3.00, if you invoked the compiler without any
parameters, it would list all of the options. For example, see
http://www.iedu.com/mrd/c/Borland.txt

Jack Klein

Greetings:

I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
groups are dead now I can only post here:

The fact that you cannot find a correct place to ask your question
does not make it proper to ask it where it is off-topic.

Besides, Borland maintains a large, active family of newsgroups that
supports their compilers all the way back to Turbo C 1.0.

The server is nntp://newsgroups.borland.com, and they only accepts
posts directly to their server.

There is also web interface to these groups through Borland's web site
http://www.borland.com.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Xenos

Shuo Xiang said:
Greetings:

I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
groups are dead now I can only post here:

I need to make a batch file to compile a single .c source files into a
binary executable using Borland C++ 3.1 for DOS. I'm just wondering
what command to put in the batch file? Is it like:

bcc hello.c

and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:

bcc -lm hello.c

Thank you for your attention.

Shuo Xiang

Put the command line (or lines) in the file exactly as if you were typing it
at the command promt.

Mark McIntyre

On 10 Dec 2003 13:58:05 -0800, in comp.lang.c ,
Greetings:

I'm sorry this is off topic, but since all the old borland compiler
groups are dead now I can only post here:

There's actually a zillion borland groups, you really should try one
of those. Or google. I found several interesting hits that way.
and if I want to use the "large" memory model, is it like:

unfortunately thre's no such thing as "large" memory model in C, so
bcc -lm hello.c

This may or may not do it. Really, this is the wrong place to ask. For
all we know, this causes bcc to link the maths library.