OT C++ contract programming - how to find?

BCC

Hi,

Sorry for the off topic post... but where does one find a local contract
programmer? I may be looking for someone in the san diego area to help with
some work I am doing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look to find local (preferrably
freelance) programmers?

Thanks,
Bryan

David Harmon

On Fri, 07 May 2004 23:20:08 GMT in comp.lang.c++, "BCC"
Sorry for the off topic post

If you know something is off topic, then DON'T post it. Twit.

Mabden

David Harmon said:
On Fri, 07 May 2004 23:20:08 GMT in comp.lang.c++, "BCC"

If you know something is off topic, then DON'T post it. Twit.

A post about programmers is off topic in a C++ newsgroup? (Johnny Carson
voice) "I did not know that."

Well, not to encourage such a horrible event, but the OP could try posting
his job on Dice.com or Craigslist.com.

BCC

Mabden said:
A post about programmers is off topic in a C++ newsgroup? (Johnny Carson
voice) "I did not know that."

Well, not to encourage such a horrible event, but the OP could try posting
his job on Dice.com or Craigslist.com.

Thanks much, I will check out those sites. Just as a note, it just kills
me how some people feel it their duty to flame every post that is not
related to actual c++ syntax. For that, clc++ is almost (but not quite) as
bad as comp.lang.perl.misc. Lots of newsgroup police there who feel it
their duty to scold every post they deem slightly off topic.

Even if it might help someone out there find some work.

Thomas Matthews

BCC said:
Thanks much, I will check out those sites. Just as a note, it just kills
me how some people feel it their duty to flame every post that is not
related to actual c++ syntax. For that, clc++ is almost (but not quite) as
bad as comp.lang.perl.misc. Lots of newsgroup police there who feel it
their duty to scold every post they deem slightly off topic.

Even if it might help someone out there find some work.

Just as another note, it just kills me how some people cannot use
a search engine to find the FAQ or Welcome text for a newsgroup,
read it and absorb the knowledge. For that is the main reason that
moderated groups were created.

One could find many web sites for announcing jobs or contractors
by using a good search engine. Chew on these:
http://www.rentacoder.com
http://www.monster.com
http://www.hotjobs.com

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

John Carson

BCC said:
Thanks much, I will check out those sites. Just as a note, it just
kills me how some people feel it their duty to flame every post that
is not related to actual c++ syntax. For that, clc++ is almost (but
not quite) as bad as comp.lang.perl.misc. Lots of newsgroup police
there who feel it their duty to scold every post they deem slightly
off topic.

Job recruiting is not slightly off topic. It is completely off topic. If you
can't tell the difference between, say, discussions over template syntax and
discussions of, say, location and salary, then you have big problems.

If "just kills me" how people are too lazy and too selfish to take the
trouble to place their posts in an appropriate forum. The only reason forums
like this are not an unuseable farce of irrelevant content is because,
fortunately, people like you are comparatively rare.

Geniousoverhere

Hello Bryan,
My name is Michael. I have been programming for a number of years and would
love to work with you the only downfall to that is that i live in NY. Are you
open to a telecommute by project.Just tell me what needs to be done and ill
program it to your specifications. We can set up payment options over the net
via paypal or banking account routing numbers. i have experience working with
C++, visual basic, Unix, perl,C, Cobol, Assembly,XP,for various applications.
Depending on the time frame im adaptable to any design you need. Email me back
with more details.
Sincerely,
Michael