    boggles the mind.

    I just had to vent this.

    robert
    Robert Latest, Jan 13, 2011

  2. Robert Latest

    bert Guest

    Re: C Programmer Driven Insane by Excel VBA

    On Jan 13, 7:01 pm, Robert Latest <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > in 25 years I've come across quite a few more (Bourne sh) or less (C, Python)
    > brain-damaged programming languages. Two days ago I started to tackle Visual
    > Basic (being locked into a Windows-only Excel-mostly environment, job-wise). It
    > boggles the mind.
    >
    > I just had to vent this.

    Clearly this is a highly personal reaction.

    I spent over a decade programming in both VB and C.
    There was an occasional hiccup by using the wrong
    idiom just after changing from one to the other,
    but generally I got along just fine. I actually
    found VB the easier of the two languages in which
    to consistently churn out code which was neat,
    readable, well-structured, and verifiably correct.
    bert, Jan 13, 2011