OT: Commemoration for the Armenian Genocide (coding)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne Boswell, Apr 22, 2009.

  1. I have friends, neighbors and clients who are Armenian. The Commemoration
    of the Armenian Genocide is coming up on Friday, April 24. I am taking my
    site down for the day (a special page will come up).

    If you would like to join me, I have put up a special page on my site with
    coding, CSS and markup [http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/armcode.php].

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Please respond to the group so others can share
    Adrienne Boswell, Apr 22, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Adrienne Boswell

    John Hosking Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > I have friends, neighbors and clients who are Armenian. The Commemoration
    > of the Armenian Genocide is coming up on Friday, April 24. I am taking my
    > site down for the day (a special page will come up).


    My sites are down all the time; I don't know how much of a commemoration
    it'd be for me. ;-)

    >
    > If you would like to join me, I have put up a special page on my site with
    > coding, CSS and markup [http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/armcode.php].
    >


    <q>... and I want to show my support for the Armenian Genocide.</q>

    Can I support the Armenian Genocide without having to kill any Armenians?
    ;-)

    --
    John
    I don't want to get too involved.
    Although I did once collect money on behalf of Muscular Dystrophy.
    John Hosking, Apr 22, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Adrienne Boswell

    dorayme Guest

    In article <49ef9a43$>,
    John Hosking <> wrote:

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > > I have friends, neighbors and clients who are Armenian. The Commemoration
    > > of the Armenian Genocide is coming up on Friday, April 24. I am taking my
    > > site down for the day (a special page will come up).

    >
    > My sites are down all the time; I don't know how much of a commemoration
    > it'd be for me. ;-)


    In your case, then, commemorate it by ensuring your site is down on a
    reliable host for just that day.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 22, 2009
    #3
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed John Hosking
    <> writing in
    news:49ef9a43$:

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> I have friends, neighbors and clients who are Armenian. The
    >> Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide is coming up on Friday, April
    >> 24. I am taking my site down for the day (a special page will come
    >> up).

    >
    > My sites are down all the time; I don't know how much of a
    > commemoration it'd be for me. ;-)
    >
    >>
    >> If you would like to join me, I have put up a special page on my site
    >> with coding, CSS and markup
    >> [http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/armcode.php].
    >>

    >
    ><q>... and I want to show my support for the Armenian Genocide.</q>
    >
    > Can I support the Armenian Genocide without having to kill any
    > Armenians? ;-)
    >


    That's a terrible thing to say!

    Do you like yogurt? Do you play drums? Did you ever listen to the
    Chipmunk's Christmas Don't Be Late song? Sarkis Colombosian introduced
    yogurt, you might use Zildjian cymbals and Ross Bagasarian created the
    Chipmunks. That's only to name a few.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Please respond to the group so others can share
    Adrienne Boswell, Apr 23, 2009
    #4
  5. Adrienne Boswell

    John Hosking Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed John Hosking
    > writing in news:49ef9a43$:
    >
    >> Adrienne Boswell wrote:


    >>> If you would like to join me, I have put up a special page on my site
    >>> with coding, CSS and markup
    >>> [http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/armcode.php].
    >>>

    >> <q>... and I want to show my support for the Armenian Genocide.</q>
    >>
    >> Can I support the Armenian Genocide without having to kill any
    >> Armenians? ;-)
    >>

    >
    > That's a terrible thing to say!


    Oh, hey! *I've* got nothing against Armenians. *You're* the one wanting
    to "show support for the Armenian Genocide."

    >
    > Do you like yogurt? Do you play drums? Did you ever listen to the
    > Chipmunk's Christmas Don't Be Late song? Sarkis Colombosian introduced
    > yogurt, you might use Zildjian cymbals and Ross Bagasarian created the
    > Chipmunks. That's only to name a few.
    >



    --
    John
    Yogurt, I like, if it's flavored. I just bought some today, in fact.
    Can't say I ever really appreciated those damned Chipmunks, though.
    John Hosking, Apr 23, 2009
    #5
  6. Adrienne Boswell

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 22 Apr 2009, John Hosking <> wrote:

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed John Hosking
    >> writing in news:49ef9a43$:
    >>
    >>> Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    >
    >>>> If you would like to join me, I have put up a special page on my
    >>>> site with coding, CSS and markup
    >>>> [http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/armcode.php].
    >>>>
    >>> <q>... and I want to show my support for the Armenian Genocide.</q>
    >>>
    >>> Can I support the Armenian Genocide without having to kill any
    >>> Armenians? ;-)
    >>>

    >>
    >> That's a terrible thing to say!

    >
    > Oh, hey! *I've* got nothing against Armenians. *You're* the one
    > wanting to "show support for the Armenian Genocide."


    Yep. Califonia is just full of warmongers and such.

    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Apr 23, 2009
    #6
  7. Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 22 Apr 2009, John Hosking <> wrote:
    >
    >> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed John Hosking
    >>> writing in news:49ef9a43$:
    >>>
    >>>> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >>>>> If you would like to join me, I have put up a special page on my
    >>>>> site with coding, CSS and markup
    >>>>> [http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/armcode.php].
    >>>>>
    >>>> <q>... and I want to show my support for the Armenian Genocide.</q>
    >>>>
    >>>> Can I support the Armenian Genocide without having to kill any
    >>>> Armenians? ;-)
    >>>>
    >>> That's a terrible thing to say!

    >> Oh, hey! *I've* got nothing against Armenians. *You're* the one
    >> wanting to "show support for the Armenian Genocide."

    >
    > Yep. Califonia is just full of warmongers and such.
    >


    Trust me, California != warmongers.
    California == Tree-Huggers/Socialists (me not included, I am a
    sovereignty monger)

    --
    ************************************
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Scott Johnson

    ************************************
    Scott Johnson, Apr 23, 2009
    #7
  8. Adrienne Boswell

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 23 Apr 2009, Scott Johnson <> wrote:

    >>>> That's a terrible thing to say!
    >>> Oh, hey! *I've* got nothing against Armenians. *You're* the one
    >>> wanting to "show support for the Armenian Genocide."

    >>
    >> Yep. Califonia is just full of warmongers and such.
    >>

    >
    > Trust me, California != warmongers.
    > California == Tree-Huggers/Socialists (me not included, I am a
    > sovereignty monger)


    So what do you do, collect queens? -Live in San Francisco? :)

    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Apr 23, 2009
    #8
  9. Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 23 Apr 2009, Scott Johnson <> wrote:
    >
    >>>>> That's a terrible thing to say!
    >>>> Oh, hey! *I've* got nothing against Armenians. *You're* the one
    >>>> wanting to "show support for the Armenian Genocide."
    >>> Yep. Califonia is just full of warmongers and such.
    >>>

    >> Trust me, California != warmongers.
    >> California == Tree-Huggers/Socialists (me not included, I am a
    >> sovereignty monger)

    >
    > So what do you do, collect queens? -Live in San Francisco? :)
    >


    HUH?

    Collect queens? You lost me there.
    I live in San Diego, how would you guess I live in San Francisco?


    --
    ************************************
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Scott Johnson

    ************************************
    Scott Johnson, Apr 24, 2009
    #9
  10. Adrienne Boswell

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 23 Apr 2009, Scott Johnson <> wrote:

    >>> Trust me, California != warmongers.
    >>> California == Tree-Huggers/Socialists (me not included, I am a
    >>> sovereignty monger)

    >>
    >> So what do you do, collect queens? -Live in San Francisco? :)
    >>

    >
    > HUH?
    >
    > Collect queens? You lost me there.
    > I live in San Diego, how would you guess I live in San Francisco?



    Ahh, I spaced on that one. Brain fart; forget it. Perhaps the moon
    was in the seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars or something.


    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Apr 24, 2009
    #10
  11. Adrienne Boswell

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 25 Apr 2009, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >>> Collect queens? You lost me there.
    >>> I live in San Diego, how would you guess I live in San Francisco?

    >>
    >>
    >> Ahh, I spaced on that one. Brain fart; forget it. Perhaps the moon
    >> was in the seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars or something.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Hair.


    She asked me why, why I'm a hairy guy.
    And I replied my regular barber died.

    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Apr 26, 2009
    #11
  12. While the city slept, Scott Johnson feverishly typed:

    > Trust me, California != warmongers.
    > California == Tree-Huggers/Socialists (me not included, I am a
    > sovereignty monger)


    California is equal to Tree minus Huggers divided by the return value of
    Socialists() given the above parameters? What happens if Socialists()
    returns 0?

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss | http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    Email not valid. - take the dog out!
    "You're mother ate my dog!", "Not all of him..."
    nice.guy.nige, Apr 26, 2009
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Brendan Duffy
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    4,051
    Brendan Duffy
    Jul 25, 2003
  2. Jim Culver

    coding standards

    Jim Culver, Sep 9, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,200
  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3JpbWFkaGk=?=

    coding pop up boxes in ASP.Net

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JpbWFkaGk=?=, Nov 17, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    17,366
    S.M. Altaf [MVP]
    Nov 25, 2005
  4. calmar
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    756
    calmar
    Feb 21, 2006
  5. Adrienne Boswell

    Armenian - PHP and MySQL

    Adrienne Boswell, Aug 24, 2008, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    1,033
    Athel Cornish-Bowden
    Aug 25, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page