OT.: Connect from device 2003 to SQLServer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Matthias Pieroth, Mar 26, 2005.

  1. Hi NG,

    I have a PocketPC 2003 (HP iPAQ) and a wireless LAN. On a PC 192.168.2.50
    there is a MSDE. My Application on PocketPC connects to the SQL-Server, but
    the message I receive is that the SQLServer can't be found. I also connected
    from a Laptop and this works fine. The routine to connect is the same:

    _con = new SqlConnection( ConfigReader.Instance.DBConnString );

    _con.Open();

    // The connection string is

    string sCon = "Data Source=" + _sHost + ";Database=" + _sDBName + ";User
    ID=sa;password=adminpw";

    _sHost = "192.168.2.50\DBINST"

    _sDBName = "MyDBName"

    Do I need some other secutity issues when connecting from PocketPC? As I
    said, connectin from Laptop works with the data above!

    Thanx in advance

    Matthias
    Matthias Pieroth, Mar 26, 2005