OT - CSS

Adrienne Boswell

I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

Spartanicus

Adrienne Boswell said:
I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

That's not cascading, it's overflow behaviour and apparently the Infant
Elements in your mall suffer from a bug that causes a bump on effect in
neighboring IEs.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Adrienne Boswell quothed:
I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

Sounds a lot like alt.html.

dorayme

Toby Inkster said:

A couple of points. Be careful of giving this one to your pastor,
it can lead in two "unhealthy" directions: (1) Parrot jokes and
(2) Rottweiller jokes. At least that is so, judging from my
collections. The only person on alt.html that I would feel
comfortable in sending some of my latter ones is a resident
pirate.

The other point, a question? When I go to
http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html in Safari for
the first time in a session, I get the source code! When I
refresh I get the website page. This happens on quite a few of
the pages on this particular host.

the rest is the host's)

David Graham

dorayme said:
A couple of points. Be careful of giving this one to your pastor,
it can lead in two "unhealthy" directions: (1) Parrot jokes and
(2) Rottweiller jokes. At least that is so, judging from my
collections. The only person on alt.html that I would feel
comfortable in sending some of my latter ones is a resident
pirate.

The other point, a question? When I go to
http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html in Safari for
the first time in a session, I get the source code! When I
refresh I get the website page. This happens on quite a few of
the pages on this particular host.

the rest is the host's)
Hi dorayme
You seem like a nice bloke so I will give you a tip about free web hosting
that I think is good
http://www.unssfree.com
You have to apply for a place with them but it is simple thing to do. If
they like your request you get free hosting including php and mysql without
hosting code all over your site
bye
David

dorayme

Hi dorayme
You seem like a nice bloke so I will give you a tip about free web hosting
that I think is good
http://www.unssfree.com
You have to apply for a place with them but it is simple thing to do. If
they like your request you get free hosting including php and mysql without
hosting code all over your site
bye
David

I made a thoughtless choice of free web hosting way back...

When I began on these ngs, I was worried about being trampled by
spam and worse... I had fears, I am a nervous visitor to this
planet... And so thought the safest thing was to use something
like 150m.com... but it is rather confusing for some purposes
where html and css issues are concerned.

I will check out the one you mention, many thanks...