[OT] debugging an executable w/ command line parameters in eclipse

Discussion in 'C++' started by Giuseppe:G:, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. Giuseppe:G:

    Giuseppe:G: Guest

    Hi, sorry for being off topic, hope somebody will be willing to answer
    my (I'm sure trivial) question though.

    I have this code I'm trying to understand. There's no documentation, so
    the idea was to run it step-by-step and check what's in the variables as
    it goes, and so on.

    The compiled executable requires some command line arguments, plus an
    input data file.

    Normally I would call it this way

    ../myEXE -struct BloomMap -falsepos 8 -values 8 -output-prefix model <
    inputfile.txt

    Now, if I wanted to run it step-by-step in eclipse where should I
    specify the parameters?

    I managed to insert the "-struct BloomMap -falsepos 8 -values 8
    -output-prefix model" in "manage and run configurations" under "run" in
    eclipse, but it still complains about the inputfile.txt. Is there a way
    to feed it with that somehow?

    Thanks so much

    Giuseppe
    Giuseppe:G:, Jul 4, 2008