    might be handy).

    BR
    Sonnich

    Sonnich, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Re: dictionary

    "Sonnich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
    > The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
    > words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
    > what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
    > Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
    > translalation is needed.
    > Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
    > Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).
    >
    > Does anyone find this problem common?
    > (not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
    > might be handy).

    Try just scanning the language reference:-

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/ddfa5183-d458-41bc-a489-070296ced968.asp

    The language is that extensive and it should be fairly obvious what most
    functions do.

    Anthony Jones, Jun 6, 2006

  3. Sonnich

    Sonnich Guest

    Re: dictionary

    Anthony Jones wrote:
    > "Sonnich" <> wrote in message

    > > I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
    > > The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
    > > words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
    > > what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
    > > Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
    > > translalation is needed.
    > > Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
    > > Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).
    > >
    > > Does anyone find this problem common?
    > > (not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
    > > might be handy).

    > Try just scanning the language reference:-
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/ddfa5183-d458-41bc-a489-070296ced968.asp

    Thanks, that will come in handy.

    I'd still like to know whether there is a public interest in my idea?

    BR
    Sonnich

    Sonnich, Jun 7, 2006