OT: dictionary

Sonnich

Hi all

I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
translalation is needed.
Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).

Does anyone find this problem common?
(not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
might be handy).

BR
Sonnich

Anthony Jones

Sonnich said:
Hi all

I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
translalation is needed.
Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).

Does anyone find this problem common?
(not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
might be handy).

Try just scanning the language reference:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/ddfa5183-d458-41bc-a489-070296ced968.asp

The language is that extensive and it should be fairly obvious what most
functions do.