(OT) Dll and Lib (Do Correct Me)

ranjeet.gupta

Dear All,

I have a querry regarding the .dll and .lib,

what I understood I am pendowing , well suppose Imake a program in
which I have a
function named MyFunction();

int main ()
{
int Value = MyFunction();
return 0;
}

int MyFunction()
{
return 10;
}

Now if I make the dll and the lib for this program, then what will
happen.

According to me:

For .dll the MyFunction() will have single copy and will be accessed in
sharing mode
throught other programms which call the MyFunction()

For .lib MyFunction() will have the mutilpile copy and will be accessed
throught the other
programs with each having the separate copy.

Does From above Can I Conclude that the Process with the .lib will be
faster ?
(No doubt its consuming the lots of memory) ? (Separate copy for
Separate calls)

Apart from this what are the diffrences between them ?

So when ever I use and dll and lib then I include both .dll and .lib in
the settings ?
I am using VC6
Why both is needed to add in the program ? as both can do the same
thing as
waht i have stated above.

Please do correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks In advance
Ranjeet

pemo

[...]

Tidy up your example so that it is correct, and compiles, then correct your
spelling, remove redundant [weird] uppercasing etc, and then go and ask this
in something like the right group - comp.os.ms-windows...

santosh

Dear All,

I have a querry regarding the .dll and .lib,

This group deals with ISO C, which has no notion of .dll or .lib. These
are Windows specific and you question would be better asked in a group
like comp.os.ms-windows.* etc.