OT:Domain Names and WHOIS

Curt King

I'm sorry to post off-topic, but I couldn't think of anyone else to ask:

Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
service that keeps that information private??

Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping that info private? Is it
something I should worry about?

Again, sorry to have posted off-topic, but thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Curt

Sajjad Lateef

Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
service that keeps that information private??

Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping that info private? Is it
something I should worry about?

Not that I know of. My registry email address is on many spam lists
due to the InterNIC registration. I get 99% spam on that address.

What I did is use an email alias for domain name registration which I can
filter out. As for postal address, I give them my ISP's office address.