    Again, sorry to have posted off-topic, but thanks for your patience.

    Thanks,
    Curt

    Curt King, Oct 2, 2003

  2. On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:06:51 +0000, Curt King wrote:

    > Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
    > domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
    > service that keeps that information private??
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping that info private? Is it
    > something I should worry about?

    Not that I know of. My registry email address is on many spam lists
    due to the InterNIC registration. I get 99% spam on that address.

    What I did is use an email alias for domain name registration which I can
    filter out. As for postal address, I give them my ISP's office address.

    Sajjad Lateef, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Curt King

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:06:51 GMT, "Curt King" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
    >domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
    >service that keeps that information private??

    Go find one of the offbeat domains that is only provided by a single
    company, and ask them.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/domain.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.