OT: Efogin32.exe

Ryan Stewart

Do any of the wise sages hereabout know what "Efogin32.exe" is? I get no
hits on google, and only a few when I search for "efogin". Those are in
other languages or spam. I suspect it's something that shouldn't be there.
It's on my wife's laptop in C:\Windows\system32 (the typical hiding place of
trojans, worms, etc). The odd thing is that it doesn't appear anywhere in
the registry, nor is it listed as a running process any time I check in task
manager. The only way I know it's there is that sometimes when she tries to
shut down, it shows the "Waiting for program to end..." dialog with that
filename as the culprit. I only ask here because this is the newsgroup I
visit most often. Does anyone know what it is and/or a better place to ask?