    directory, all with email contacts.

    Thank you!

    LeslieB
    BessieBee, Feb 10, 2008

  2. BessieBee

    Ed Jay Guest

    BessieBee scribed:

    >I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    >downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    >addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    >have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    >multiple addresses on the same page.
    >
    >I'm starting to build an alumni site and one of the pages will be a
    >directory, all with email contacts.
    >
    >Thank you!

    Help yourself to <http://www.edbjay.com/obfuscator.zip>. It's a freeware
    app. (It will be removed from my site on 11Feb).

    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Feb 10, 2008

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed BessieBee
    <> writing in

    > I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    > downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    > addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    > have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    > multiple addresses on the same page.
    >
    > I'm starting to build an alumni site and one of the pages will be a
    > directory, all with email contacts.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > LeslieB

    Probably the best way to do this is server side. Save the email address
    on the server, and forward the mail to the respective alumni, something
    a la craigslist.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 10, 2008
  4. BessieBee

    Ed Mullen Guest

    BessieBee wrote:
    > I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    > downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    > addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    > have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    > multiple addresses on the same page.
    >
    > I'm starting to build an alumni site and one of the pages will be a
    > directory, all with email contacts.

    I run an alumni site for my high school class. The class directory is
    online in a password-protected directory. That's probably the easiest
    way to handle security (if you have control over your Web server).

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 10, 2008
  5. BessieBee

    Ray Guest

    On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:06:26 -0800, Ed Jay <> wrote:

    >BessieBee scribed:
    >
    >>I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    >>downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    >>addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    >>have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    >>multiple addresses on the same page.
    >>
    >>I'm starting to build an alumni site and one of the pages will be a
    >>directory, all with email contacts.
    >>
    >>Thank you!
    >>

    >Help yourself to <http://www.edbjay.com/obfuscator.zip>. It's a freeware
    >app. (It will be removed from my site on 11Feb).

    Thanks for posting this link Ed Jay, I was looking for a program just
    like that! Cheers!

    Just Ray

    Put your church or other christian based organization
    on the internet today! Visit our website:
    http://www.goodnewswebdesign.com
    A Christian Web Design Company
    Ray, Feb 10, 2008
  6. BessieBee

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Feb 10, 2008
  7. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:06:26 -0800, Ed Jay <> wrote:

    >BessieBee scribed:
    >
    >>I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    >>downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    >>addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    >>have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    >>multiple addresses on the same page.
    >>
    >>I'm starting to build an alumni site and one of the pages will be a
    >>directory, all with email contacts.
    >>
    >>Thank you!
    >>

    >Help yourself to <http://www.edbjay.com/obfuscator.zip>. It's a freeware
    >app. (It will be removed from my site on 11Feb).

    Thank you!!! I've downloaded it and will give it a try shortly.

    Thanks again!

    LeslieB
    BessieBee, Feb 10, 2008
  8. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    >I run an alumni site for my high school class. The class directory is
    >online in a password-protected directory. That's probably the easiest
    >way to handle security (if you have control over your Web server).

    One of the things I'm trying to avoid, at this point, is required
    registration and/or password. There is nothing I will post in the
    directory that hasn't been given to me for inclusion on the page, so
    if there is info someone doesn't want available to the whole wide
    world then they shouldn't ask for it to be posted. The only real
    contact info I'll post is email and I figured I could at least make it
    harder for the bots to scoop them up.

    There are several "professional" alumni sites where I've signed up,
    only to never remember which email I used and/or which password. In
    some cases I've signed up multiple times. I also want anyone, not
    just fellow classmates, to be able to find me and anyone else that
    ever went to our high school.

    Anyway, I'm rambling. Off to check out the obfuscator.

    LeslieB
    BessieBee, Feb 10, 2008
  9. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    >Help yourself to <http://www.edbjay.com/obfuscator.zip>. It's a freeware
    >app. (It will be removed from my site on 11Feb).

    Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

    This is exactly what I was looking for! I must say, though, that the
    big red disk with a huge X it is is rather... uh... off putting, but
    I'll get used to it. :)

    Thank you again!!!!!

    LeslieB
    BessieBee, Feb 10, 2008
  10. BessieBee

    Isaac Grover Guest

    On Feb 10, 9:32 am, BessieBee <> wrote:
    > I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    > downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    > addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    > have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    > multiple addresses on the same page.

    I would suggest http://alicorna.com/obfuscator.html . We've been
    using this since the Wondermill email garbler was shut down.

    --
    Isaac Grover, Owner
    Quality Computer Services of River Falls, Wisconsin
    Isaac Grover, Feb 10, 2008
  11. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    >I would suggest http://alicorna.com/obfuscator.html . We've been
    >using this since the Wondermill email garbler was shut down.

    That's the online resource I've been using for a long time. It works
    very well, but I wanted something I could use without being online. I
    drag my laptop with me everywhere and don't always have access. Hard
    to believe, I know....

    Ed Jay's program is *exactly* what I was looking for.

    LeslieB
    BessieBee, Feb 10, 2008
  12. BessieBee

    Ray Guest

    On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:06:26 -0800, Ed Jay <> wrote:

    >BessieBee scribed:
    >
    >>I've spent too much time the past few days trying to find a free,
    >>downloadable program/script/whatever, that will obfuscate email
    >>addresses. I currently use a free one online, but I'd really like to
    >>have something local. And free. And easy. And can be used for
    >>multiple addresses on the same page.
    >>
    >>I'm starting to build an alumni site and one of the pages will be a
    >>directory, all with email contacts.
    >>
    >>Thank you!
    >>

    >Help yourself to <http://www.edbjay.com/obfuscator.zip>. It's a freeware
    >app. (It will be removed from my site on 11Feb).

    Thanks for posting this link Ed Jay, I was looking for a program just
    like that! Cheers!

    Just Ray

    Just Ray
    Put your church or other christian based organization on the internet
    today! Visit our website: http://www.goodnewswebdesign.com
    We are a Christian Web Design Company
    Ray, Feb 11, 2008