(OT) engines

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 12, 2008.

  1. Hey, bud.

    Your thread may be off-topic, but so were those discussions
    about grammar and US software patents that certain regulars
    had going on this newsgroup. At least you were kind enough
    to stick the "(OT)" in there.

    There are a couple of ways you can make similar threads more
    on-topic in future:

    1. Add the question "How would this conversion be written in
    C?" at the end of your post.

    2. My personal favorite is a post like the following:

    Is the following a good commenting style:

    /* I'm replacing my 1971 Cutlass Supreme which has a 350 cubic inch V-8. It
    * has terrific pick-up! When they talk about "liters" in the new cars, how
    * many liters correspond to my 350 V-8? What kind of new car would have the
    * zip this old Cutlass has?
    */

    Then people who welcome a slight diversion among their peers could reply
    with something like the following:

    Hmm, that's OK, but I prefer C99 comments:

    // Well, you'd convert those units by...

    Yours,
    Han from China

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 12, 2008