    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    indirection." --Butler Lampson
    Aahz, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Aahz

    Dan Upton Guest

    On 5 Mar 2008 07:36:37 -0800, Aahz <> wrote:
    > For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
    > think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

    Yeah, I just saw a tribute on Order of the Stick:

    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0536.html
    Dan Upton, Mar 5, 2008

  3. On 5 Mar 2008 07:36:37 -0800, (Aahz) declaimed the
    following in comp.lang.python:

    > For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
    > think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

    Just a tomb? Commission Disney to build a whole dungeon with the
    tomb somewhere inside... Of course, they'd want to charge admission <G>
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    (Bestiaria Support Staff: )
    HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Mar 6, 2008
  4. Aahz

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Dennis Lee Bieber <> wrote:
    >On 5 Mar 2008 07:36:37 -0800, (Aahz) declaimed the
    >following in comp.lang.python:
    >>
    >> For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
    >> think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

    > Just a tomb? Commission Disney to build a whole dungeon with the
    >tomb somewhere inside... Of course, they'd want to charge admission <G>

    You're apparently missing the reference to Tomb of Horrors. ;-)

    Aahz, Mar 6, 2008
  5. On 6 Mar 2008 13:25:44 -0800, (Aahz) declaimed the
    following in comp.lang.python:

    > You're apparently missing the reference to Tomb of Horrors. ;-)

    Probably... I never played "original" D&D... my first RPG was
    RuneQuest (something I still consider much more "realistic" -- some of
    the fumble tables were based off of things that happened in SCA combat;
    it also didn't have this strange concept that putting on heavy armor
    made one harder to hit -- heavy armor in RQ reduced the damage one took
    when they were hit...) My second RPG was the "Advanced D&D" which I
    understand had a fairly significant difference in operation/culture...
    My gamemaster seldom used prepackaged settings.

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Mar 7, 2008
  6. Aahz

    Aahz Guest

    In article <fqmem5$is2$>, Aahz <> wrote:

    >For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
    >think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

    ....and xkcd finally weighs in:

    http://xkcd.com/393/

    Aahz, Mar 7, 2008