  1. My neighbor wants me to set up a blog for him, are there free blog
    hosting sites that he can simply link his site to that don't require me
    to know PHP? I know some ASP but haven't learned PHP yet.
    Mike Scirocco, Dec 20, 2007

  2. Re: OT: free blog hosting and s/w, any user comments?

    Mike Scirocco wrote:
    > My neighbor wants me to set up a blog for him, are there free blog
    > hosting sites that he can simply link his site to that don't require me
    > to know PHP? I know some ASP but haven't learned PHP yet.

    Oops, I should have checked with google first - wordpress and other
    sites have free blog hosting, what I would like is to hear from people
    who are using free blog hosting to see what they think of the software
    and host they're using, and see if they recommend their hosting co.
    Mike Scirocco, Dec 20, 2007

  3. Re: OT: free blog hosting and s/w, any user comments?... I recommendblogger

    Mike Scirocco wrote:
    > Mike Scirocco wrote:
    >> My neighbor wants me to set up a blog for him, are there free blog
    >> hosting sites that he can simply link his site to that don't require
    >> me to know PHP? I know some ASP but haven't learned PHP yet.

    > Oops, I should have checked with google first - wordpress and other
    > sites have free blog hosting, what I would like is to hear from people
    > who are using free blog hosting to see what they think of the software
    > and host they're using, and see if they recommend their hosting co.

    for anyone interested in creating a free, basic blog, I made a wordpress
    blog but dropped that in favor of blogger (blogspot.com). I found
    blogger easier to work with and more configurable. For example, the
    wordpress site didn't allow you to edit the site html/css with the free
    account, but no problem at blogger. I picked a template, uploaded a
    custom header image, made a bunch of changes to the template css and
    updated it quickly and easily. Anyone who wants a free, easy to use
    basic blog will probably be happy with blogspot.com.
    Mike Scirocco, Dec 23, 2007