    I ask bc I'm about to try to do the google ads thing and want everything to
    be right...

    Everyone's insight is sincerely appreciated!
    kate.simpson, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Re: free image hosting - using

    "kate.simpson" <> wrote in message
    news:w1vBc.7473$...
    > Hello all!
    >
    > I am using a free web host that purports to allowing FTP, but obviously
    > using....
    > So, I'm using a free image hosting joint ( www.uploadyourimages.com/ )..
    >
    > My question is...besides the obvious concerns (possible downtime,
    > etc.)...can anyone think of possible ramifications of using this?
    >
    > I ask bc I'm about to try to do the google ads thing and want everything

    > be right...
    >
    > Everyone's insight is sincerely appreciated!

    It looks like that is for image hosting only. If you're looking at using
    Google Ads, on a website, I don't think this will work for you...unless I
    missed something (which could very well be, its early here!).

    By the way, we are getting ready to launch a totally free (no setup fees,
    ads, strings, etc.) hosting package probably sometime this week. We have
    everything in place, we're just waiting on one minor little detail regarding
    WHMap. If they get back to us today, we could launch the free packages as
    early as tomorrow.

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 21, 2004

  3. kate.simpson

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Re: free image hosting - using

    "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message

    > "kate.simpson" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello all!
    > >
    > > I am using a free web host that purports to allowing FTP, but obviously
    > > using....
    > > So, I'm using a free image hosting joint ( www.uploadyourimages.com/ )..
    > >
    > > My question is...besides the obvious concerns (possible downtime,
    > > etc.)...can anyone think of possible ramifications of using this?
    > >
    > > I ask bc I'm about to try to do the google ads thing and want everything

    > > be right...
    > >
    > > Everyone's insight is sincerely appreciated!

    > It looks like that is for image hosting only. If you're looking at using
    > Google Ads, on a website, I don't think this will work for you...unless I
    > missed something (which could very well be, its early here!).
    >
    > By the way, we are getting ready to launch a totally free (no setup fees,
    > ads, strings, etc.) hosting package probably sometime this week. We have
    > everything in place, we're just waiting on one minor little detail

    regarding
    > WHMap. If they get back to us today, we could launch the free packages as
    > early as tomorrow.
    >
    > --Tina

    Sounds interesting Tina! Let us know :)
    SpaceGirl, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Announcement per Spacegirl's req.

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message

    > "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "kate.simpson" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello all!
    > > >
    > > > I am using a free web host that purports to allowing FTP, but

    obviously
    > > > using....
    > > > So, I'm using a free image hosting joint (

    www.uploadyourimages.com/ )..

    > > > My question is...besides the obvious concerns (possible downtime,
    > > > etc.)...can anyone think of possible ramifications of using this?
    > > >
    > > > I ask bc I'm about to try to do the google ads thing and want

    everything
    > > > be right...
    > > >
    > > > Everyone's insight is sincerely appreciated!

    > > It looks like that is for image hosting only. If you're looking at

    using
    > > Google Ads, on a website, I don't think this will work for you...unless

    > > missed something (which could very well be, its early here!).
    > >
    > > By the way, we are getting ready to launch a totally free (no setup

    fees,
    > > ads, strings, etc.) hosting package probably sometime this week. We

    have
    > > everything in place, we're just waiting on one minor little detail

    > regarding
    > > WHMap. If they get back to us today, we could launch the free packages

    as
    > > early as tomorrow.
    > >
    > > --Tina

    > Sounds interesting Tina! Let us know :)

    Okay - they are online and ready for signup:

    http://www.affordablehost.com/cpanel.shtml

    Obviously, they're not a huge hosting package with all the frills...but they
    are completely free. We do require that you use a real domain name with the
    hosting account. Other than that, just the normal rules apply. :)

    Enjoy!

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 25, 2004
  5. kate.simpson

    kate.simpson Guest

    Re: free image hosting - using

    Thanks, Tina :)
    I was looking for a post from you, for your URL before I secured hosting
    with some shaky hosts...but...I didn't see it, when I was looking...but I'm
    fer sure, fer sure going to check out your free hosting!

    Tahnks and take care,
    Ginae!

    http://www.ginae.us

    kate.simpson, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Re: free image hosting - using

    Right now it asks for your cc details, even though the charge is really
    truly $0. I'm sure this has frightened off alot of people (understandably
    so). Dave is actually working on modifying the way ModernBill (the
    software that handles our orders and account setup) so that the order will
    just go right through without requesting cc info. Hoping to have that
    change done sometime in the next several hours.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
    Cpanel hosting starts @ FREE for life

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jul 2, 2004
  7. kate.simpson

    Frogleg Guest

    Re: free image hosting - using

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:51:53 -0400, "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc."
    <> wrote:

    >Right now it asks for your cc details, even though the charge is really
    >truly $0. I'm sure this has frightened off alot of people (understandably
    >so). Dave is actually working on modifying the way ModernBill (the
    >software that handles our orders and account setup) so that the order will
    >just go right through without requesting cc info. Hoping to have that
    >change done sometime in the next several hours.

    Thanks, Tina. I was one of the "frigntened". :)

    BTW, I sent one query to Tina-at and got your "I'm not answering mail"
    reply. Then left the same msg for your crack sales dept, and have
    received no reply in, oh, about 24 hrs now.
    Frogleg, Jul 3, 2004