    another without downloading first.

    Is there a free to cheap windows client that will do this?

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Jeff Thies

    Oli Filth Guest

    Jeff Thies wrote:
    > I have a large number of files that I'd like tomove from one server to
    > another without downloading first.
    >
    > Is there a free to cheap windows client that will do this?
    >
    > Jeff

    Couldn't you just have done a Google search?

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q="site-to-site"+ftp

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Jeff Thies

    Timothy Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:37:13 +0000, Jeff Thies wrote:

    > I have a large number of files that I'd like tomove from one server to
    > another without downloading first.
    >
    > Is there a free to cheap windows client that will do this?
    >
    > Jeff

    What your looking to do is called FXP (File eXchange Protocol). Flash FXP
    will do this but I'd suggest that you look in to the servers that you wish
    to fxp into. This may not be allowed by the ftp server and will be a waste
    of your time. FXP'ing is easy ... if the servers allow foreign port
    exchanges.

    --
    Yard Works Gardening Co.
    http://www.ywgc.com