OT: getting older copies of IE to run

Darrel

Has anyone gotten the older versions of IE to run on XP?

I used to be able to run the standalone versions of IE on 2K:

http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/standalone

I just downloaded 5.5 and 5.0. 5.5 ran once as 5.5, then I ran 5.0, and got
the 'this is running in compatibility mode'. From that point on both 5.5 and
5.0 kept giving me that compatibiliy mode window and ran as IE6.

Anyone found a workaround for running these in XP?

-Darrel

darrel

If this is for testing, have you considered using VMWare to run older

Eh. Maybe. I really don't care about older IEs to begin with, but know I
should test.

I may go with VMware, but I don't techincally have any older OS licenses to
install, plus, I still have to install windows...which is never fun ;o)

-Darrel